Are you a Right Brain or a Left Brain - read the chart!

I came across this link on pinterest. link Its pretty interesting. It states at the top that these are all generalizations, although they apply for many people. Which applies more to you and why?

As usual, neither one of these fits 100% for me. I have strong elements from both sides, and its hard to decide on some of the issues. However, I think I tend to lean strongly toward the left side.

I still have elements of the right side, such as being disorganized and bad with time (even though I plan things out a lot - procrastination and laziness), I am quite "philosophical" and I'm good with people when I want to be. I have an intuitive side. I like noise, and I can adapt to either teaching style easily, but I prefer discussions and lectures. I'm horrible with math and science. Although I'm not creative in the way described in the chart either. I was really good at math when I was younger, crazy good. My teacher wanted to skip me up in the 6th grade, but I wanted to stay with my friends. I don't know what happened since then, but don't ask me what 2+2 is. I might say 5. D:

The reason I think I'm more to left is because, while I definitely see the big picture, I do pay attention to details in scenarios. I've been accused of being too logical, which I don't necessarily agree with. I'm very in touch with my emotions, very self analytical and introspective. I'm just far more likely to form opinions and make decisions by reason, logic, and research than I am to act impulsively on emotions. I'm okay with spontaneity, but not the best at it. Even when we are all supposed to be doing spontaneous things, I'm the one who is on my phone looking up directions, where we are going, etc. I research things a lot, I like to write essays, research papers, and articles. I fail so hard at writing fiction. And I prefer to read "realistic stories" and non-fiction. I have a reality-based approach to learning and processing information. I think I approach things both in the holistic style and in the linear style, it depends on the situation. I don't need concrete methods to process things. I don't mind groups, especially when I'm slacking off, but working alone tends to be the best option for me when I've done the work. Groups can get awkward if I feel that you don't know what you're talking about. In group work, I would rather take the lead. I like noisy classrooms, because I'm noisy and talkative as well, but I learn and focus much better when it's quiet. I do argue with the teachers if I feel the need to. I argue with people a lot in general. I'm good with "sequencing ideas" in terms of constructing and breaking apart arguments and thinking about logic. And I prefer dogs lol

So I definitely have elements of both.

Blah blah blah. What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty comfortable saying I'm about 75% left- and 25% right-brained.

On the left:

- I'm a planner. I don't like a lot of surprise or going with the flow. I need to have direction and a basic idea of what's going to happen and how it will be done.

- I'm mostly logical and rational (although I can be very sensitive and have intense emotions at times, I don't let them control most of my decisions).

- I usually prefer working alone. Most times that I've given people control to do something for me, they mess things up, so I take responsibility for myself.

On the right:

- I'm creative. I love music and used to be heavily involved in the orchestra. I love writing.

- I need concrete information in most situations. I'm great with words and writing, but bad with number/symbol combinations in math.

What Guys Said 7

• im definitely more of a leftie...my logical, theoretical mindset tends to frustrate the hell out of people, especially on this site! :-P

• I'm really 50/50 here.

• mostly left side, but with some right side mixed in as well,

• Almost completely right- sided.

• I'm whole brain.

• i was like half and half lol. I didn't lean to either left or right brained

• I couldn't make a decision on any of them except for being logical, not planning things, and liking dogs.

What Girls Said 9

• Almost exclusively right-brained, which doesn't surprise me at all considering I was raised by a family of philosophers, musicians, and artists.

• Well I like cats and dogs equally. I'm very organized and good at planning, but can also be impulsive. I'm Rational but emotional also. Logical. I'm creative and artistic and also I solve problems intuitively and don't like reading directions. Rock music vs Classical. I like both. But I CANNOT study with music or TV in the background.

As a student I prefer working alone without any opposing viewpoints, however I greatly enjoy study groups. When learning though, I really need visuals and hands-on to help me.

I'm Holistic and Random.

• I'm mostly left brained. except I prefer cats.

• 100% Right Side. Wow that's interesting.

• you shouldn't be that smart if you only use half your brain ;p

• boneless wings are amazing but I gotta say the ones with the bone taste better ;p

• Nonono you've got it all wrong sir.

• A bit of both but more right brained

• I'd say I apply to the left side minus that I suck at math.

• About 100% right brained

• I love cat, art, and rock :D haha

It seriously was weird how close it fits me

• right

• Right brain.