Girls, do you wear makeup/guys, do you prefer girls who wear makeup?

Ive never really liked makeup. I only wore it in my teens when I had to go to modeling school. All my friends wear it daily and I can't even remember how to apply it well or pick the right colors. It makes me feel artificial and it just seems unnecessary. I prefer some lip balm and eyeliner. I can't be bothered with much else or I'll worry all day how my face looks. what's your preference?

• I prefer makeup
  • I prefer natural
  • Doesn't matter

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never used make up in my life and it's never been a problem. No one in my family uses make up, so drawing on my face seems kinda weird to me. But even if I wanted to use make up, I wouldn't know what to do. I think if I were to ever use make up, it'll have to be done by a professional.

• me too, I used to know how but forgot it all, If I tried it wouldn't enhance me at all, id just look weird because the color wouldn't be a perfect match

What Guys Said 8

• I know that most guys will say they like natural, but I like make-up.

I want my girl to look good naturally of course, but I appreciate the effort and like the look when a woman wears make up (nicely executed, classy make up).

That doesn't mean she has to wear it all the time of course. I prefer nude over clothed too but accept that it is just for certain occasions...

• I prefer a girl who looks her best. If make up does the trick that's cool with me and if she looks better without any makeup, that's also cool with me. I like girls that look good, makeup, no makeup who cares :P

• i like a girls who's natural, that's just me

• I voted "B" but I am a fan of mascara and I am OK with pretty much any eye makeup...eyeshadow looks great on some females but not on others..not a big fan of eyeliner but I can deal if not overdone. I hate all the cheek crap: concealer, blush, foundation & bronzer.

• It's subjective. I guess if I've seen a girl who wears make up regularly not wear any at all. It's a little different. Same thing about a girl who never wears makeup but all of sudden caked up. I'd say wear just a little bit so you don't look too different without it.

• some guys care some guys don't. wearing make up is just a choice in life. so make up your mind.

• Doesn't matter, if the girl wears it or not it's her choice.

• Makeup has a purpose. When it's used as it's intended to be used, it enhances natural beauty, and covers up flaws.

If lip balm and eyeliner is what works for you, then do it. It's better to apply too little makeup than it is to apply too much. We can all agree on that.

What Girls Said 25

• I like it as an accessory - not a necessity.

Today I got a new pallet of eye shadow, and learned a technique via YouTube for my little eyes lol, they look amazing and I look kind of stunning today :P

However, I don't prefer to wear make - up every single day, I like being clean faced more often, not even wearing liner or foundation some days. Never had a complaint from the male party or had much change in the interest of men, well not dramatically. Obviously when you wear a very flattering outfit and do your make - up really well, it's going to over dramatize your naturally beauty and grab more male eyes.

Anyway, men don't seem to waiver much about a girl's make - up unless she just has it piled on ridiculously like this:

link

Mhmm...sexy I know xD

• I hate foundation, I look the same with or without it so I just feel like I have unnecessary stuff on my face and when its hot I'm always checking the mirror. Its never made a difference with guys approaching me I was just wondering if they liked it.

• Yea, I use it like concealer I guess, only putting it on acne scars here and there. I have relatively clear skin so I don't need it much either. I have really good foundation so it doesn't get oily or feel heavy - I end up wiping my face because I forget I even have it on :P

• Oh gawd...*VOMITS*...<3<3<3=D

• it's something I do as a novelty if I'm bored or going out but generally I don't bother I work and study too much to spend time on that.

• I rarely wear makeup, out of pure laziness. But when I do wear it, I really only like a small amount of eyeliner.

• I wear very little if any makeup at all. I'm allergic to a lot of it and I don't have that kind of time anyway. If I do wear any, its mascara and lip balm. On certain occasions, some loose powder and eyeshadow. Never foundation or anything like that. I could probably look better with makeup but my workplace isn't a place for wearing makeup and looking pretty. I put a bit more effort in at school.

• I wear tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone, foundation (sometimes) to get rid of shine, and dark brown or purple eyeliner. On special occasions, I also wear nude lip gloss. It is makeup, but it's subtle.

• I do wear make up, but I use it to enhance my natural beauty and don't use wild colors. I just give myself a more natural well defined look and cover any skin flaws I might have (some light concealer, a translucent photo-finish powder, mascara and some skin toned eye shadow to give my eyes a bit of a glow). If I go out at night I'll give myself a very simple smokey eye look and if it is a formal event, only then will I get somewhat creative (depending on the occasion) but even then I like to keep my make up application minimal. I think people who cake on make up are just not fortunate enough to have confidence. I don't have perfect skin, but I can still leave my house without make up.

• I wear foundation, powder, mascara, and pencil my eyebrows daily. I won't leave the house without these minimums on. My skin isn't the greatest and I'd rather not parade that.

Occasionally on weekends and such I might do some liner, shadow, or lipstick/tinted gloss.

Picked A

• Fine with everything but the foundation...o.O

• Don't worry it's not caked on and obvious. Unlike some women I can actually match my skintone, and when using an actual makeup brush it applies much lighter and airier than a spong or rubbing it in with fingers. :)

• OK..I get your point..I even accept it...but if you were sharing a bed with me..I would ask for you to quit that one...):

• No.

• I wear make up but it's not essential. I typically wear mascara, blush and maybe some lip stick/gloss...sometimes I'll add some eye liner and eye shadow to bring out my eyes. I don't have to be made up to leave my house and I'll go to work without a dab of any make up on, but I do prefer to at least keep up with the mascara and blush. In the summer time if it's really humid I'll go au natural. I've been told I can pull off the au natural look so I have the confidence to rock it. Honestly, if you feel pretty you will look pretty with or without make up. confidence is key.

• Most guys prefer makeup that looks natural. Like, it looks like she's not wearing any. It's her, just a little better.

FYI, if you wear eyeliner, you wear makeup.

• I wear makeup, but not that much, just concealer, a bit of foundation and a swipe of lipgloss. I'm not crazy about it--I'll go out on the weekend without it and I won't freak out if someone I know sees me.

• I don't really like to wear it if I do its not a lot but I had mine done once and couldn't regnoize myself..

• I wear makeup almost daily, but only some mascara, lip balm/lip glow from loreal and maybe a very light nude eyeshadow. That's it :D

• I do wear make up,but also stay natural.but I hear I look better without make up.

• I prefer natural but I usually put on makeup if I'm going to class or going out somewhere where I'm gonna be seeing a meeting a lot of people

• Yes, I wear makeup.

• Less is more

• yes, I do.

• I wear make up once in a while when I get my hair done to look nice but I feel bad because I know more guys only hit on me because I 'dressed up'

• i have my no makeup days where I just put on lip balm and sunscreen and I'm out the door, and I do get hit on by men so I'm confident being au natural but then I also have my make up days where I really play up the eyes, lovely eyeshadow colors, eyeliner, mascara and concealer to cover up dark circles, followed by nude lip gloss and still I do get compliments and its not a lot of makeup just the eyes is the main focus. I never ever wear foundation or bronzer I find it gross. blush ill wear it to a party but that's it. so I am happy with or or without makeup. I really like colors, I'm like a art fan, so I collect eyeshadow, and really like emphasizing my eyes. but I won't wear like a hot pink eyeshadow or a blue one I will wear golds, champagnes, neutral colors, or if I am doing color, then purple or a dark mossy green to bring out my brown eyes. I don't think eyeshadow covers anything up like a foundation would as comparison, eyeshadow is just an accessory to me and its just playing with colors.

• i usually wear make-up when I go to mall, formal event, or any place to have fun. but of course I prefer natural beauty that's why I also use skin care and facial foam products. make-up can be used to protect my face's skin from sunlight, dust, and air pollution. beside that, I wear it to make myself look glamorous.

• I wear it, but not to make myself look fake or anything. I just don't have perfect skin, so I like to even it out and I wear eye makeup to bring my eye color out. I like it to look natural. And there are some days when I just don't care and leave the house with nothing on my face. It just depends on how put together I want to look.

• does the makeup damage or age your skin after years of use?

• No, actually for me specifically, it's better when I wear it because it keeps my skin from getting too oily. And if my face is oily, I'll break out. It's also good for the skin to use tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

• good to know thanks

• I don't too lazy

• i need some makeup and every girl looks better with natural makeup than nothing. I don't wear too much though, I just wear liner and mascara, also concealer under my eyes because I have dark circles. and I make sure my eyebrows are good (I have a bare spot so I pencil it slightly)

i don't bother with all the face crap like foundation, eyeshadow, lipcolor, heavy liner, etc.

people say I look pretty natural and not too different without my makeup on so goal accomplished.

• I wear makeup. I wear foundation, eyeliner and mascara.