Is it okay to wear heels even if I'll be taller than my boyfriend?

My boyfriend is a short 5'9" and I'm 5'8". I got these sweet boots with two inch heels to wear when we went to different colleges but last minute we both decided to go to the same school and I still wanna wear these boots! Is it okay to wear them even though it'll make me taller than him? Do people judge when the girl is taller than the guy?

Last minute**

Judge**

Also explain your answers please?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't mind, I'm fine being with girls who are taller than me even naturally, but it would depend on him. Some guys don't like being shorter than the girl, and I'm sure people will judge on that bases, but people like to judge on everything. You shouldn't be bothered by it and neither should he, but it's really up to you.

• Agreed. It really does depend on the guy. People also tend to be more accepting at college and if he really makes that big of a deal its a red flag

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, it's OK

It's completely idiotic and borderline-controlling to forbid a girl wearing heels because it hurts the guy's ego...

• you should be okay at college. but to be honest I wouldn't go to party or dance or event with them on. just like already said. its a guy thing.. sorry

• Don't do it. He might say its fine but he really won't want you to do it.

It's just a guy thing.

• Attempt at explanation (my logic): he's reasonably short (by a guys standards) so he's probably been taking crap for it from his friends for years, this will lead to him becoming self-conscious about it. Which makes him care about being taller.

• Of course it's okay. If you want to wear them, I don't see why not. Seeing 5'8 girls wearing heels is hot!

• I'm the same height as my girl and I don't care at all. If you care about people judging you're going to have a lot of work to do with everything, or you will need blinders, earplugs to pretend like nobody is judging.

What Girls Said 4

• Ya wear what you want esp if it looks good..but consider his feelings if he doesn't like it try not to wear your highest heels

• Yea guys love it

• Ya its just awkward

• people might judge, but who cares? I'm 5'6" and my ex boyfriend was like an inch or two shorter than me, and I didn't care if anyone thought anything about it. Besides, they might notice you're wearing the boots, and they'll probably figure that's why you look taller, so I don't think it matters.

if it bothers him, of course you'd want him to tell you so it only matters if it bugs him or not.