Can certain aspects of a guy make up for height?

To start off, I'm a pretty short guy, somewhere between 5'7''-5'8''.

I've been talking with this girl in one of my uni classes and actually have a date set up this Saturday.

She is on the taller side 5'9'' or 5'10'', and we were talking about height preferences one day. She said she usually prefers taller guys (Makes sense since she is tall herself), and I made a joke about my being short.

She responded in saying she she didn't realize I was that short and thought I was taller, so I was just curious if confidence and such would make such things less apparent? Because I thought it was pretty apparent hahaha.

I wasn't sure if it was that, or the fact that she is pretty skinny, and I'm quiet a bit larger than her, giving the illusion I'm tall?

I was just curious, as I always thought women seemed to notice height pretty quickly as most women like taller guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Al Pacino, Humphrey Bogart, Napoleon

they're all short guys. But you know what? They were all awesome with the ladies (and they were all players before they became famous.)

In fact, the reason they could attract girls was because of their strong inner attitude.

There are a couple things you can do. Wearing boots right now will subtly add 2 or 3 inches to your height.

Also, when you dress, wear vertical stripes and tight clothes. That will make you look SLENDER, which will make you appear taller.

If you've got muscles, seems like you do, it helps A LOT, not only with your physical appearance, but also with your confidence levels, strong inner attitude, and poise. So get in the gym.

When you're muscular and you're a short guy, you become like a pit bull. And by the way, I'd like you to experiment with that.. do not always be the nice guy who's polite. For the next few months, try to let your "inner badass" come out a bit when you're with girls.

Do the affirmation, "I'm becoming like the pitbull who can dominate the bigger dogs."

Once you start feeling more and more confident in a few weeks, change your affirmation to, "I AM like the pitbull who can dominate bigger dogs."

I've noticed that a lot of short guys develop a VERY strong presence by having cultivated that inner badass.

Now, I'm not saying you should become a jerk... but just try to balance out that inner nice guy.

Next thing to do long term is to GIVE UP any approval-seeking. Who cares what women think of you? Go through life doing what you want and being who you are. (That is so key by the way... those guys I list above were players exactly because they went through life doing what they wanted and being true to who they were.)

You see, short guys who are badasses really have a bit of an advantage. Because of their stature, they automatically are able to have more rapport with chicks (who tend to be short themselves) than the guys who are beanpoles. And when you add to that a bit of a "badboy" element, it makes chicks dripping wet with attraction.

The bottom line is this: only if YOU feel uncomfortable with your height will it affect you with the girls. If you feel completely comfortable with your height, then they will too.

By the way, when it comes to tall guys, what women find attractive about them isn't their height. It's their dominance. If you have a tight sense of inner confidence and project a personality that sucks them in, height will be the furthest thing from their minds.

So to sum up, be true to yourself, take risks in life, cultivate your inner badass, and stop caring about anyone's approval. And hit the gym ASAP. And do the fashion things I said.

Then you'll attract girls without worrying about irrelevant things like height. But there's LOTS more that you can do, I'd recommend reading this book: link It helped me alot, I'm 5'8, and have dated girls 6'1.

What Girls Said 8

• Of coooourse you can make up for your height. Girls LOVE tall guys because they (more or less) make them feel smaller and more feminine, thus thinner, thus more appealing, etc. You see, I'm 5'4", so I'm a pretty average-sized female. And I, too, have a weakness for tall guys.

But my boyfriend is only 5'9", and I'm absolutely enthralled with him. He's funny, confident, secure, masculine, protective, sweet, etc. All things that I'm looking for in a guy. Physical appearances, I find, are often set on a scale of preferences, whereas most girls (most honest, real girls that is), place much more importance on HOW a guy presents himself. No matter what you look like (chubby, really skinny, lots of acne, big nose, huge eyebrows, whatever), there are ALWAYS ways you can make up for it.

• Yeah, it's strange how physical appearance is more important to guys than it is to females.

• I've heard people say this before, and when I look around, I think it might be true. Our brains function differently, so we're bound to have different priorities. People often tell me I'm more "attractive" than most of the guys I date. Which I never notice. But I'm not like a lot of girls. If a guy's an a**hole or a "player", I don't give a damn how cute he is. I look for quality in a guy. Most smart girls do.

• I know this makes me shallow, but I just wouldn't be able to get past a guy who is significantly shorter than me. It's really my only hang-up, I guess. I also don't see many girls with guys who are shorter than they are. That's just an observation, though. However, I don't think an inch or so difference will really matter. I have several friends who are 2 inches taller or shorter than me, but I feel like we're all the same height. Consequently, seeing as how I'm only 5'2", I'm not a big fan of super tall men either. That's all just me though.

• Personality, good sense of humour and confidence can really help that out. I dated a few guys that were shorter than me even though I'm into taller guys, it never really bugged me, unless they started complaining about their height. usually a way to a girls heart is through laughter, confidence and personality, even though appearance may be the first thing to attract a girl.

Dont worry buddy, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Have fun on your date! :D

• definitely. I'm 5'6" I do prefer taller guys, my first boyfriend was 5'7" and my most recent ex boyfriend was actually like an inch or two shorter than me and their height didn't bother me at all. I liked them too much for their personality to be phased by the fact that they weren't 6 ft and over. I used to be picky with height, but I learned that it really doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would if I dated a shorter guy.

• I love tall guys but however, you can be the tallest guy in the room but it is all about how you act. Short guys are cute but size doesn't matter... In this case. Life is too short to be worried about hieght. But if you really wanna know since you are asking then being calm sweet fit and honest are all ways to make up for your height. I think personally that it is all about representation.

• I'm not "worried" about it. Life's too short to care. Surround yourself with people that like you for you, because life's too short to act like someone else to make people happy. If someone doesn't like me for me, they aren't worth my time.

Was just curious how other aspects influenced this. Male and female minds vary so differently so I was just trying to understand.

• Yes definitely your confidence and how you carry yourself makes you desirable.. Don't joke about being short and don't call yourself short, you're selling yourself short lol. Seriously tho, insecurity or self-put downs joking or otherwise are a turn off to girls.

• The first thing I notice is height.

But that's only cause I'm insecure about my height. I'm tall.

I notice everyones height the first time I see/meet them.

Other girls probably don't notice it at first.

• yes you can! the guy I currently have a crush on is about 5 feet 9 and I'm 5 feet 6-7. I've never had such a huge crush on a guy ever, its so about the way he carries himself, his confidence, his humour and he's cuteeee. I don't think he likes me though because I see him flirting with skinnier short guys in front me.

Good luck to you! and be confident;)

What Guys Said 4

• i couldn't be with someone taller than me and I'm 5'10

• You're tall enough. For girls: Height < Personality

• I'm 5'8 and went out with 10 different girls this year alone. A couple were taller then me. I prefer shorter girls in general but because I'm a very confident person I always feel like I'm in charge no matter what.

• I'm 6'4" and have been single for ages, if height was the most important attribute, I wouldn't have been. So clearly, other aspects can make up for height.