Guys, what is your ideal height for women?

girls can answer too, for guys, or whatever you want to add.

also put your height. I'm just curious to see what is seen as too short for tall men and too tall for short men in actual numbers. is 5'4 too short for you? is 4'9 too short? is 6'4 too tall? give the height range you prefer and if you have any cut off height where it just becomes uncomfortable for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm 6'

a girl's height doesn't really make much of a difference to me, as long as she isn't so short that (warning: mildly explicit details follow) I'm smothering her with my chest when on top of her - but even then, if she prefers it from behind, then it isn't an issue. also, our 'head-to-genital' lengths must be close enough to make a 69 possible, but in that there is quite a bit of variance allowed , and this length does not necessarily reflect overall height..

I suppose for the sake of simplicity, 5'8" is "ideal," for me, but even that is just a guess..

What Guys Said 18

• I honestly don't care if she has a nice figure/looks good/nice personality.. as long as she isn't taller than me (6'4")

• I don't care about height it makes no difference to me. My current Girlfriend is 4'11 and I've dated girls who are 6'2.

So I'm pretty open - it doesn't matter much to me. =)

• Well I'm very short for a guy (5'5). So that being said, anything under five feet is ideal. Beyond that I don't care.

• tall or small I like em all

• If I want to make combination of same height, so I would prefer 5'8'' or 5'9'' but girl is looking awesome because of her low height and cute look, I would sure prefer her because I can take her in my arms easily,lol.

So atlast everything is depends on girl and my wish!

• It's a slight preference, but my ideal height for a woman is between 6'2" and 6'4", even though I'm 6'0". However, I don't have much of a "too tall" or "too short" limit. But below 3'4" would be "too short" for a woman and above 7'5" would be "too tall" for a woman, and it has nothing to do with aesthetics, but the fact that she probably won't live past 50. But it's not a deal breaker, just something I'd be cautious about. However, since women above 7'5" and below 3'4" are once-in-a-generation rare, that excludes very few girls.

• Height well I'm 5' 10" but height isn't really too much of an issue. Anything over 4'10" and tall girls are attractive as well so if a girl I liked happen to be taller then me that is fine to since I'm not that tall. 6'+ you don't see to often in girls but I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd actually prefer her to be taller then me then way shorter then me. 5'4"-5'7" would be the best height for me, but like I said it doesn't really matter and isn't a deal breaker.

• my ideal height is about 5'7. but I'd date a girl from 5'2-6'2 . I'm 5'10-5'11 ish

• I'm 6'1" and anywhere between 5'6 and 6'0" is great. Below 5'1 is a little short.

• If I'm attracted to her and interested (and vice versa) it really makes no difference.

I do prefer women around the 5'4 - 5'5 range because I love women in stiletto heels... :))

• 5,3 to 5,9 is perfect for me

• anywhere from 5' to 5'8" would work for me

• Probably 5'4"' to 6'2"

Ideally, 5'6" to 5'8", but I don't put a huge emphasis on height as long as they aren't freakishly tall or extremely short.

• I'm 5'6 and I guess my ideal height for a girl would be 5'5. Honestly though what the girls height was.

• im 5ft6 so any where from 5ft1-5ft5 is good to me if she is a little taller that's fine to.

• Anything 5'8 and up is good. I'm 6'5.

• I'm 6'4" so 5'9" ish range would be good for me.

• her - 6'12"

im - 5'1"

What Girls Said 14

• I like guys to be taller- so 6-1 or taller

I've dated shorter obviously if I really dig a guy I don't care about height

But I wear heels that make me 6 or 6-1(I'm 5-8) and Id ideally still like to appear smaller than my partner and still be able to wear the same heels shorter girls get to wear without looking like the freakishly tall girl and her short boyfriend.

That all being said- I have an ex that's 6-6 holy neck cramp! Any standing up kissing or sancy business was like stretching and flexibility tests

• i checked to see what males say because all this is based on science male and female we all have a height preference generally

• i don't think men really have a height preference as much as women. I think as long as she is attractive and not too much taller than him they are fine. Of course there are exceptions to everything lol

• I'm 5'4, so ideally from 5'7 - 6'3 would be fine. Perfect would be 5'9-ish, but I've dated a guy that was 5'5 before.

• I'm just 5'3 but I like guys to be between 5'7 to 6'3ft

Basically, he just needs to be tall enough for me to be able to wear some 3inches tall high heels and still be smaller than him.

• i'm 5'8 so preferably a guy sitting over 6'0 is ideal (6'4 is like too perfect) but I mean I've dated shorter and guys my height so its not really a deciding factor when I'm talking to someone(:

• I'm 5'6 so I'm fine with anything from 5'7-6'5. Anything above or below is not to my taste but I can make an exception if I really like the guy. It will just be slightly awkward at times...

• I am 5'2" so I don't care about height as I have yet to meet a guy shorter than me.

• For me, any guy between 5'9'' and above. I'm 5'7''

• Id be okay with 5'4 and up to any height... I like a taller guy, it makes me feel safe.

• I'm 5'7". I like Guys about 5'5" to 6'2" I don't like real tall Guys, it hurts my neck talking to them also. I don't mind shorter Guys (even when wearing heals), as long as they are stocky/muscular, I'm fine. But in all, it's really about his personality and how he and I connect.

• I'm 5'4 so that's short-medium height I guess. I prefer tall guys, like 5'11-6'4 is ideal, but I've definitely been attracted to a lot of shorter guys in the 5'8-5'10 group. I knew one guy who was really short, maybe 5'6, and he was gorgeous, really cute, stylish, and he seemed intelligent with a good personality. If he were interested, and we got to know each other more, I'd give that a chance. Usually guys that short don't catch my eye, but he's a perfect example of a short guy that gets me hot lol I do love when those tall men tower over me though, so sexy ^__^

I will say one huge turn off, beyond physical, is that short men tend to be incredibly insecure or uncomfortable with their height. and in my experience that turns into some self pity fest or really nasty attitude when height comes up. one guy called me a bitch when I said I was taller than him. "im taller than you, bitch." I thought that was uncalled for, because we were not close enough for him to be calling me out of my name and there was a nasty tone behind it. I was just pointing out what I perceived to be an obvious fact, that I am taller than he is. He says it's not true, and it may not be, I've been known to judge height incorrectly, which is why I usually ask. But still, that's kind of ridiculous. And the men in my family are really insecure when theyre short, my dad has actually tried to lie to me about his height when I know he's not as tall as he said he was, my mom even knows that. I don't deal with that when I'm with tall men. For obvious reasons, but still that's an extra plus to being with the tall guys. Also, short guys take the whole "overcompensating" thing too far. for example, some women say they feel more protected with tall men. I've read short guys online responding to that with hostility, talking about how they could destroy tall guys in fights. that's so trashy to me, and not impressive. they end on a note that's kind of like "i could f*** your tall guy up." who wants to date that? I guess some girls do, but I dont. Being able to hurt someone doesn't make me think highly of you, especially when you're just bragging about it. And it seems like theyre really reaching. That's your main selling point - that I should date you because you can hurt people who are taller than you are? Again, that definitely does not impress me, but whatever. To each their own :)

• I am 5'4" and I don't care about height. I have dated guys my height and maybe a little shorter and as long as they are muscular, I don't care. I only dated one guy where his short stature was just completely disorienting but in part it was due to his overall petite size (yes, I know guys don't get called petite but in this case that is the only way to describe it).

I have seen very tall guys date women under 5' so I doubt many guys have an issue with height. I think it is more of a problem for a woman to date a guy who is shorter than her.

• I'm 5'10"+.

I'd prefer over 5'7", but really height wouldn't hold me back if I was crazy about someone.