Is it true every night you leave on your makeup you age 2 weeks?

Does anyone have any info on this? Any truth in it?

Obviously I also believe it is absurd. but someone told me this the other day and I wanted some insightful answers on makeup and the aging process.

Most Helpful Girl

• Leaving makeup on over night isn't good. It not only clogs your pores, but could cause little white spots on your face which is known as milia. The only way to remove these are by needle or something along those lines. Whenever you keep this pore clogging stuff on over night, it indeed ages your skin. If its one night, then I don't think it will cause much harm, however absolutely never make it a habit. Also, if you leave on eye makeup, you can give yourself an eye infection from what I've heard.

• Thank you for the best answer :}

What Guys Said 7

• Unless the makeup is seeping through your cell membranes - all 50 trillion of them - and scrambling DNA and shortening telomeres, I seriously doubt it. In fact, your question is the first I heard of that.

• It prevents your skin to "Breathe" and continues the exposure to chemicals, so it might be true.

You don't need make-up when you sleep anyway...

• skin doesn't need to breathe lol. That's an outdated notion. But I'll agree about being exposed to chemicals.

• It does, isolating it makes it unhealthy.

• again, not really.

link

The surface of our skin is dead tissue for goodness sake, and there's no alveoli cells in our pores either.

there are many other reasons to not keep your skin covered in in stuff, but oxygen deprivation is not one of them. Endurance divers could not be immersed under water for hours and hours at a time.

• Sounds like an urban legend, but its probably not healthy to keep your pores covered all the time.

• Not sure about that, but makeup is terrible. I find it a form of dishonesty.

• Seriously!?

• Yeah, seriously. Who wants to see the makeup when you can see the woman? Put inflatable pecs underneath his shirt? It fake, it's all fake.

• That should read. "Would want a man who put..."

• nope but then again you should free your skin at night restore tself

• Does it sound logical to you?

• No, but oftentimes there is 'some' measure of truth in rumors.

• Perhaps. I don't know enough about this to answer properly.

But the statement saying it ages two weeks just seems absurd.

• She looks like 40?! I don't know about your 40-year women but that's harsh... Anyway, leaving it on after a late night once in awhile isn't dangerous. Though I suggest making a habit of removing it so as to clear the skin and letting it "breathe"

What Girls Said 7

• lol...idk if I should google that...but my first reaction was a big no.

I just think make-up is an enhancer...

the more you wear it the more people get use to you looking enhanced with it on

their reaction when you have it off is a bit different just because there not use to seeing you with it off.

hmmm...an example...its like when your in middle school all the guys are smaller then you they think they are never going to grow...there kind of the same when they enter into high school...during sophomore summer a lot of guys began growing...they go back sophomore or junior summer and your reaction to them is WOW! your taller then me now...if you saw them every day you would notice that they are taller but less likely to express it in that way...instead you might just think to yourself...he's gotten taller.

Anyway, off base example but I think it works. When people see some without make up they may say Whoa you look different or Whoa your not wearing any make up...when really you look less enhanced...

I don't wear make up when I sleep its uncomfortable and feels nasty to me lol but I would advise washing your face before you go to sleep..im not going to Google that theory but I doubt its true. at least for me.

• it's just one of those things people say to highlight how important something is. no,you won't age 2 weeks,but it will have a less than desirable effect on your skin and eyelashes.

• Clean your face woman! You'll thank me later.

• LOL no

• hahahah no it would suck if it was true

• there is no set formula but I do know it isn't good for your skin. I don't wear face makeup only eye makeup though but I almost always wash it off.

• It's not good in general to sleep with make up on at all. It doesn't give you wrinkles, but if you sleep in it, it can give you a dull look rather than like a glowing look to your face.