Tattoos on a partner, OK or a no no?

I recently posted a Q about tattoos, this is a continuation of that.

Pretty straightforward, whether or not you have/want tattoos yourself, is tattoos on a potential partner OK, or is it a deal breaker?

Ofc this differs depending on what kind of tattoo,no racist stuff or anything like that.

• OMG I love ink!! or ok.....
  • AAARRHH!! I hope all delinquents burn in hell!! or no....
Good answer all of them, seem to be pretty evenly divided. Just another thought, a lot of people say it won't look good when they are old and sitting "in the home", but who usually looks "good" in that sense anyway, at 70? Just food for thought...
Like I suspected, women are generally more positive towards men with tattoos than men are towards women with tattoos.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like I said in a couple of other questions about tattoos: I love them! As long as they have a meaning. If they just put some random sh*t on them, then good for them but I'm no fan.

An ex boyfriend had 4 tattoos and I loved each and every one of them, they all had a meaning.

Yeah, people get wrinkles, but who shows off their body when they're 80? No problem for people who do, but I won't be one of them. If your skin doesn't look that good at 80, what difference does it make if it has tattoos or not? I want one or two (maybe three) tattoos, got plans, got ideas, I'm just waiting to make sure I don't get tired of them. But I do plan on getting them on bodyparts that don't have that much wrinkles when I grow old. And on places that aren't that showing. Like on my back or shoulder.

I love tattoos but if my partner doesn't want one, who am I to force them? If I would hate tattoos, I would still date someone who has tattoos if I fell in love with him. Tattoos don't change someone's personality.

What Girls Said 24

• Personally, I don't have tattoos and am not interested in getting one any time soon (maybe never). But I'm totally cool with the fact that my boyfriend has a few of them (same goes for any future partners I may have). He's got 4 and they all mean something to him and represent who he is as a person, perhaps I would feel different if they were just a result of one rash impulse to walk into a tattoo parlour and get inked without thinking about it. But his tattoos don't bother me - they are strategically placed (i.e. easily hidden!) and they look hot =)

• Neutral to positive, for me. I like body art, and most guys I've dated or been interested in have had at least one tattoo, some have/had several. Guy I'm kind of seeing right now has one sleeve and another in progress, with plans for more. His tats are really beautiful.

• I have two but both are hidden. I don't like it when someone gets a tattoo for the sake of it or has ones that mean nothing. To me tattoos should mean something to you, be personal and well thought out. Whether a guy has tattoos or not doesn't bother me, my fiance has none and never will, just as long as he doesn't have something idiotic on display

• If they are tasteful nice tattoos sure. I have a little one on my hip that is meaningful but if you have tattoos that have no meaning and you got them just to get them and they are ridiculous then that's a small turn off. But I mean if you really like someone what's outside doesn't really matter

I think tattoos for the most part are sexy, but of course it depends!

• I love tattoos on guys. However I'm not a huge skull fan at all and I really don't like the topless ladies ones or naked ladies ones. My boyfriend doesn't have any nor does he want any and I'm sad about that because I think they are sexy.

I have 2 one on my hip and another on my back. I want to get one on my foot sometime.

• If the piece is done well, placed appropriately, and actually has some meaning behind it, I'm perfectly okay with some tattoos. Overall, I'm pretty indifferent, though They aren't a deal breaker.

• I don't specially like tattoos... I think tattoos are a deal breaker if they are cheezy, disrespectful or too big...If its something meaningful and classy I'm OK with it.

• I generally have no problem with the tattoos themselves. I'm more interesting in the reasoning behind them.

• Depends on the tattoos. If they're meaningful to the person yeah I respect that and some of them look really cool. But I personally don't like it when there's too many of them.

• I don't mind them, my ex boyfriend has 7 tattoos they looked good on him, and had meaning. So it's not a deal breaker or anything.

• I find them very attractive on guys...unless its like a butterfly or something because that's just weird haha. I actually have seen that before too.

• As long as the tattoos don't have any offensive messages or meanings behind them ,I don't mind them .

• I don't mind. He is the one that will have to live with them, not me.

• I have one tattoo, a small bow on the back of my neck. I personally love tattoos, ecspecially on guys, definitely would never be a deal breaker for me, unless his whole face and neck were covered in them, I don't think I could deal with that.

• I think tattoos look good on guys (as long as it's not too much), so it's a definite OK for me.

• Yes, but not a bunch of them

They have to be tasteful

• Both my boyfriend and I have tattoos and we are plaining on getting more. I find them very attractive and so does he

• I have 3 myself so it's all good with me

• love love, but it depends if their are some stupid tattoos then it can be a turn off

• Its hot if its on his arm

• not okay

• how about why not.

• It depends what kind of tattoos. I think bible quotes are sexy as hell. But big ugly protraits or stupid sleeves are nasty. I like bible quotes and little tattoos, like a picture or tiny cartoon, that means something to you. Like I have a shooting gold star near my ankle because I want to be a star that surrpassed everyone else. Or quotes or sayings are cool too. Like Demi Lovato's "stay strong" ones.

• Yea I find it very hot on guys

What Guys Said 14

• tattoos? sure. I like the ones that aren't too loud and too visible normally...

gives character and interesting back story usually. I like the small ones that girls have on different curves of their body. hidden ones are cool too, but I would pass on a girl that's got more of her body inked. I like em as accessories.

i personally wouldn't get one.

• it wouldn't make a huge difference if she had a tattoo or not . around here I'd say its 50/50 , around half the girls my age have a tattoo and other half don't .

i'd only have an issue if she had a tattoo of ex's name on her

• Turn off

• I have tattoos so yeah.

• As long as they're well done and in the right places, I love tats on a girl.

• Personally, I don't care too much either way. I don't have any tattoos and don't want any. It doesn't matter to me if a girl has one or not, though. I will say that I don't it attractive when a girl has many tattoos, gigantic ones and/or ones that aren't in discreet places. Also, when it comes to tattoos, I don't like them solely for the purpose of self-decoration, but if the tattoo has a deeper meaning, I might actually like that. It can be a good conversation starter on a date.

• But lets say your girlfriend wants to get a star or something on her shoulder. Wouldn't that be okay, just for decoration...

• I don't mind a small, discreet one for purely decorative purposes. If it's going to stand out, it had better have a meaning to it.

• fair enough

• It's not a deal breaker, but personally I find tattoos to be a turnoff. I just personally think they don't look attractive on a woman, especially the really big designs that cover up lots of skin (tramp stamps and sleeves).

• Don't mind small tattoos but I hate people that look like written melons. You just let them age like 20 years and you'll see how ugly they look:)

This side of the Pacific we see many and quite a few that gone overboard they look terrible to me

• Not really B, but more like "meh... they always look bad to me and they will look horrible as you get older"

• My dream girl is very much so covered in tattoos.

• I would prefer my partner not have tattoos, but it would not be a deal breaker.

• I personally can't stand tattoo's. I'm a guy don't have and don't want any. Tattoo's especially look hideous on girls. I think tattoo's cheapens and hardens her looks, removes her femininity altogether and makes her look easy like a slut. Tattoo's are also against my Christian beliefs. All that is my opinion.

• Can you explain how it's against your Christian beliefs? I mean if you were Jewish that would make sense, but the Christian belief is that Jesus came to fulfill the old covenant and we are no longer bound by the Levitical law (that was only written for the Jews to begin with), I fail to see how it is against the Christian belief at all?

• My girl has a tat and I hate it

• Turn Off