Skip answering a question here if it looked like a 5 paragraph essay?

Would you skip answering a question if it looked like a 5 paragraph essay? Why or why not?

I try my best to answer no matter how long unless it's too disorganized, then I usually request some clarification from the asker.

• I would skip
  • I wouldn't skip

Most Helpful Girl

• I won't skip if it is something actually interesting and the details are needed. But if the 5+ paragraphs are just ramblings and make no sense then I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure out what the QA was trying to say. I try and keep my questions to the point on here and only add extra details when needed.

What Girls Said 11

• It depends, sometimes I will read through it all and then give my answer. Other times I will only skim through it because its so poorly written or I don't really need more details to give my answer. If I can't get the question from skimming through it to give a good answer, then I just don't answer it.

More often then not its not paragraphs but a reallllllllllllly long run on sentence. I make mistakes and am not one of those people who corrects everyone or claims to be better. I don't mean I need some perfectly written description of the situation lmao. But some punctuation and breaks would be nice.

• If I find a question that I'm curious enough about to click on then I'll take the time to read it completely. Sometimes it is difficult because of poor grammar, bad spelling, rambling, or writing as if they're texting.

A lot of my questions have been long and I've noticed sometimes I don't get a lot of answers because of that (even though I proofread the heck out of my posts). I actually had some young female respond, "I was going to answer but my short attention span..." But I realize I'm a very detail oriented person so I end up including details that may not be pertinent at times.

But since I'd like for people to read all of my question then I follow the Golden Rule and read all of what I choose to respond to.

• I will happily answer a question that has detail in it. However, some of them are rambles, the same point made 5 times. These ones I skip now. I used to answer regardless, but the asker would just comment the same point I'd read 5 times. I began to wonder if that's all they knew how to say...!

• I look at it and can't help but feel my mouse gravitating to away ...along with my interest

if it's about a dream or a survey I'm probably gonna read but if it's just this long life scenario then...A

• I would skim through and if I couldn't figure the question from that, then I would skip.

Although, if it's cut up into sections rather than one gigantic paragraph then I would read it. I find when it's one giant paragraph, I have to reread parts to understand what the hell the person is talking about. Not worth it.

• I definitely do skip such questions. I prefer responding to questions that are brief and to the point.

• It somewhat depends. Generally, the title is supposed to sum up your question but some people ask more than one question in their question, so it's hard just to go off that alone. Plus you'll be missing out on details. But honestly, sometimes I don't have the patience to read. Like if it's too long, I usually just skip it. I know, I'm a lazy reader, what can I say^.^

• Maybe. It depends on how much time I have to be on here.

• The more details the better.

• There's this poster who always have a wall of text in his question details no matter how simple the question is. I automatically skip his question because all the main points can be said in only a few sentences. Some questions to warrant a few paragraphs though, and in those cases I will try my best to read and answer.

• it depends how much the answerer relates to the question and is/or passionate about the topic

What Guys Said 11

• I'm OK with 5 paragraph essays.

I'm not OK with answers that lack paragraph indentation, adequate spelling and at least some level of punctuation, because it just gives me headaches to read through them.

• Something like this;

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... with no structure, sh*tty grammar/spelling is an automatic no for me.

If it's laid out somewhat better I might look but generally it's a bunch of unecessary text.

• Depends on the subject. I can talk up a storm about gender issues, science/math, politics, religion, etc.

But I can't read more than two seconds of "So this guy texted me, and I want to know what he meant when he said..." etc.

• if nobody is answering I feel bad so I'll suck it up and put an extra 5 minutes into the reading part and maybe I can answer

• As long as it's slightly organized and isn't just rambling I'll read it. If I'm kind of boderline about skippin it, I'll see if there's a few answers already or not...

• More often than not, I do but it's not because I don't want to read it. It's because it's hard for me to follow along when there is that much to sort out.

• I'll start reading it but it depends on where it goes... I might read part and not answer or the entire thing and not answer... Who knows...

• He'll yeah I've done that mad times. Only exception is if it's an interesting question.

• If it's THAT long, I'll just skim through it and answer.

• I don't skip. It depends what it's about though. If it's something interesting, sure. I don't mind reading. People need to stop being f***ing lazy about reading. But if it's something stupid then I will skim at best.

• I can't see sitting there for nearly 10 min reading a big paragraph