Why do short guys like tall girls?

I'm 5'11 and I've noticed that short guys, guys that are 7 inches shorter than I am like me. What is the psychology behind this?

Most Helpful Guy

• because they are already short enough they can't find someone shorter than they are JK..

well I guess they aren't very happy about their height and, as you know, you always choose a partner who you think is perfect in your image, therefore they choose tall girls because they subconsciously want to be tall.

What Guys Said 12

• If they can walk around want with a tall woman then they can be with a woman that they feel all men desire (models) which is projection on their part. Besides that sexually they may like the idea of being dominated by you when you ride them or feel strong as never before dominating you as a strong tall woman. Sex compensates for insecurities a lot and desire to achieve status in eyes of other men and end those insecurities within them with women go a long long way.

• It may not even be the height. They may just like you and you just happen to be tall and them short. Nothing special about it really.

• I don't know but I'm 5'9" and I like short, petite girls and really don't like taller girls that much.

• We all want what we don't have, which of course is why guys like girls to begin with.

• Thus explains the surplus of gay men correct?

• Wow what a waste of gayness :(. It makes me wanna play some Village people music

• It's fun to stay at the YMCA! NOT!

• I don't know I just like taller women. They are so cute

• man likes woman, been happening since the dawn of mankind. why even question what's been happening for thousands of years?

• 1.It may possible because if girl is already taller than him, he wouldn't pay for her high hiils sandles,lol.

2.It may possible because guy would like to be in his gf's arms,lol

I don't know reason lol but this may possible!

Good luck

• why do short girls like tall guys?

• Maybe they just like you and it has nothing to do with you height?

• maybe they think you would be dominate in bed and they'd like that lol

• it makes me feel great that I can treat and protect a girl like she is my queen, empress, and I am her guard

• I've noticed it too. I think it's a status thing. Having a tall woman is difficult for a short guy, so if he dates one, it increases his status. Some guys see long-legged, model- height girls as a kind of a trophy. Having such a girl by his side makes a guy look cool (superficial, I know). Or he just might be into tall girls. Many guys have a preference for tall women (elegance, legs and all that) so that's the type they go for.

What Girls Said 3

• it has nothign to do with your height.

its been proven men are attracted to women shorter than they are.

Just as women are attracted to men who are taller than them.

• thats funny..and I thought I was tall 5'7

maybe you look like a model..

• That's not true for the most part unless he has a fetish or is just comfortable with his height and not intimidated by tall women, which isn't most of the short guy population. Short guys prefer short girls and Tall guys prefer short girls. Just like tall and short girls prefer tall guys.