How to be emo?

How to be emo?

Most Helpful Guy

• um... How does one define 'emo'? Literally, it stands for emotional.

What do emos wear you ask? Dark cloths. Some girl emos wear weird cloths like black, and yellow horizontal stockings, and other weird/kinky things.

both male, and female tend to wear eyeliner, and both tend to have piercings.

Everyone complains about them, and I don't understand it. Why are you bitching about someone who you don't even know. Ger to know someone before you judge them.

Emo's also tend to have kind of flat hair, like with a hair iron or what ever there called.

Male Emo Hair Styles: link

Female emos tend to have either long hair, and big hair, as in volume, or both.

Some males also wear black lipstick, or what ever the outline of the lip is that is a darker color.

Uh, yeah. I don't really know how to be emo. but I know what they look like.

Hope this helped somewhat.

What Girls Said 6

• black eye liner? lols I'm kidding

I am not too into the emo type of guy. I feel sometimes it's so exaggerated and a superficial demonstration of their inner substance if they have any.

I just like guys who are comfortable with themselves.

• WHY would you subject yourself to that?

Seriously. I really want to know. =P

• why?

• LMFHAO! anywho, if you aren't already emo, you aren't going to be emo. don't you just hate the world now? *sob*

• check out the emo song by adam and andrew lol. I tried to post lyrics but it was to long

• You need to be Emo, to know how to be Emo. If you have to ask then you're a poser.

What Guys Said 9

• A perfect state of Emo cannot be attained, one must be born to the throne. I too, sought my perfect inner-Emo self, only to discover what is known to all as the perfect state of Emoism, as being woefully beyond my grasp. Sure, adveritsements abound assuring ready access to this inner well-spring of emotional essense, but at what price? Money changes hands, children are sold into servitude, beloved pets forced to perform unnatural acts in Tijuanian flesh circuses, and for what? All for the sake of Emo! I advise you excersize due caution in your quest. A man once asked that a Genie grant his wish to be between the thights of a beautiful woman. That man is now a feminine napkin! Be careful what you wish for! Good luck to you!

• I was a jock in HS but I like what you'd call emo music. I hung out with some of the emo guys and even though they dressed in skinny jeans and had very feminine hair, they always had hot girls around them. The girls ate out of their hands because they had the whole sensitive thing going for them. But the real reason they got the girls is because they acted like they didn't care, which drove the girls wild...go to a emo band concert like Dashboard Confessional and you'll see...true story pimpin

• I'm not emo, I'm a metalhead, you call a metalhead an emo, and you're gonna get your ass kicked

i can however tell you, that being emo, basically is a role reversal, girl emos tend to dress darker than your prep/goth girls and guy emos tend to wear what women usually wear, there's also the emo hairstyle just google it, and itll show you

emo bands, like fallout boy (argumentative) and My chemical romance, are bands ud want to listen to

i highly advise not to get into this stuff, if you plan to get a girl... theyll walk all over you, and REAL WOMEN DONT WANT THAT

• Emo or punk or all the "types" are attitudes. To be emo, bitch and whine. It's about being emotional. It doesn't matter what you wear. There is no set emo clothing. People dress differently in a attempt to express themselves or mimic a band. Fallout Boy is an emo band and although you could say wearing dark eyeliner and dressing in weird colors is emo, you also have to take a look a look at the classic emo icon Rivers Cuomo (lead singer of Weezer). He normally doesn't wear dark colors. His glasses are considered emo.

• Don't go emo...

• wow fail

• just dont!

• you are not emo as hard as you can try you will not be.

ps fall out boy is not emo

• The obvious answer to how to be emo, is to not be emo. ;)