Nose Rings on Women: Trashy or Sassy and WHY?

I know this has been asked on here before but I'm really interested to know WHY so many guys think it looks trashy, or not. "it just does" isn't a real answer!

I already have one and I love it so it's not a determinant for me. My boyfriend however, HATES it, and has told me that he thinks it makes me look trashy. I'm astounded that he thinks that, as when we started dating I already had 12 piercings (11 ears and one belly) and 2 tattoos! So now I want to know what the majority thinks! Explain your opinions please!

I'm talking small studs or hoops in the nostril. No bull piercings.
Also for the record- this has nothing to do with my boyfriend, or my sense of self esteem. My boyfriend and I are fine and I'm a healthy, confident young woman despite people's opinions of nose rings. haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some of the answers from these guys are blatantly stupid. Yeah, everyone has their own opinion but I honestly don't see how having a small hole and a SMALL stud on your nose makes you a "whore" or slut. Didn't know having such piercings, objectified you for such labels but ok.

• I totally agree with you. But I asked this question because I've noticed that girls and guys have TOTALLY different opinions on this subject. I mean, my boyfriend and I got into multiple, full out arguments/fights about this because he hates it SO MUCH on me. I don't understand how it looks slutty I guess. It's odd.

• Yeah, I mean to each his own. Neither I knew it was a big deal to guys, but I guess, to say the obvious they hate them.

• They'll have to get used to it. Or my boyfriend will at least. lol.

What Guys Said 12

• Trashy of course, because it's someone who is desperate for attention and will do almost anything to get it.

• That's a judgment you're making based on a piece of jewelry, you know that right? Why do you think that? I know that my piercing had NOTHING to do with attention. And it gets me no attention either so how does that make sense?

• Sorry if you can't handle the truth. The guys ALL agreed with me although yes, they weren't so up front about it. They were just being polite. I thought you wanted the truth, not politeness! THis isn't a dating site you know, people are here for real ADVICE, not a set-up for dating!

• This asker is ridiculous. lol This is why I like nose piercings. Makes it much easier to identify trashy girls. Hahaha

• They're what you consider them to be. Your self-image says everything.

People will respond to this.

If it becomes an issue with someone, you probably don't want to cultivate this person.

• i honestly don't care about facial piercings whatsoever. used to have both ears pierced but I got bored of them and took them out. iam not going to think a girl is any better looking with facial piercings. would make me think the persons trying a bit too hard. a nice pair of earrings is nice on a gal and classy looking. go ahead its your body do with it what you will. my ex had snake bites, she took them out and you can always see small holes where they used to be, same thing will happen with your nose and ears etc.

• I think those nose studs on the side of a girl's nose are really pretty. I'm surprised your boyfriend hates it. They're really beautiful and sexy. A bit of a turn on for me actually.

• I think cute goth girls can pull it off plus I think snake bits look sick on any girl as long as their not door knocker size. he doesn't think tattoos are sexy? him to check this

link

• trashy, because it's not beard nor moustache, hence unnatural.

unaturality is'nt that attractive to most.

• Definitely trashy. Nose rings are for livestock!

• Females never seem to understand that guys like them just the way they are...want to date a woman...not a Christmas Tree...o.O

• Well I get that, but I didn't get my piercings or tattoos for a guy, I got them because I like them and they're an expression of me. So why does it matter if one way I express myself is through a tiny stud in my nose? Why does that make me "trashy looking" by so many guys' standards?

• I don't think "trashy" but I do think "unattractive"

• Fair enough.

• Honestly I don't really think a lot of women can pull it off but, for the most part it just comes off as trashy.

• depends on the ring and the girl

• Small ring, and in general. I mean I'm a petite white girl, so go off of that I guess?

• i meant her face, should have been more specific, sorry.

• I don't find it very attractive at all, it's almost like an attention wh*re thing.

• Cute girls can pull off a little stud in the nose, otherwise, plain no

What Girls Said 3

• It's so cute

• I like the studs better than the nose ring and I wanted to get one but it never happened. I don't see how a nose piercing can be seen as trashy...

• I think the small studs are super cute, I hate the rings though but that's just me (: I don't see why anyone would find them trashy..