Which type eyeliner is the best and why?

• Liquid
  • Gel
  • Cream
  • Pencil
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• i love when girls wear eyeliner! I think it looks really good, it turns me on. I think its the pencil type I'm not sure I don't use eyeliner

• I don't wear any

• around the eye not AROUND the eye

What Girls Said 28

• I don't usually wear eyeliner but when I do, I use this sort of crayon (swivels up when you twist it, looks like a mechanical pencil but is softer) it has a foam smudger on the end to create a softer look. Get the water resistant type so it won't run down your face and give you the Halloween look :P

• i LOOOOVE eyeliner. it's my favorite thing in the world.

i have tons of different kinds, but my all time favorite is probly clinique.

it NEVER EVER EVERR runs. its amazingg.

and I don't really like any of those kinds, I like the eyeliner duo best. it's like a crayon.

also, maybelline is really good.

• I use Avon glimmerstick or just the Maybelline long lasting eye liners. I like liquid, but sometimes I use pencil, it depends on the effect you want to get. If I want more dramatic, I use both and smudge.

• I pick pencil because I think the other kinds make it so there's too much on the eyes, which at least shouldn't be the idea. Whatever makes the eyes look natural but still pretty.

• Everything in moderation. I said pencil because it has staying power, but is blendable and can easily be fixed if you have any "boo boo's". Liquid has some dramatic effects, but I'm too scared to try it on my own- but MAC always does a fabulous job though when I get my eyes done.

It really depends on what look you're going for. On a day-to-day basis, I use a darker brown shadow and a liner brush to add a bit of pop to my almond shaped eyes. But try to keep it natural during the day. Heavy eyes age you and make you look goth.

• I rather Au naturel

• I use Aveda's eyeliner in charcoal. I've been using it for a couple years now. It's soft enough for blending, but not too soft so that the tip always breaks. The color is dark, but not too harsh like a black. It's also fairly cheap for a nice liner (around $12). You can use it with almost any color shadows you experiment with!

• This is neat eyeliner trick: hold your eyeliner pencil under a flame for just a few seconds to soften it up a bit, and then apply. This will give you the liquid look without having to deal with those fussy liquid liners. And it also makes it stay longer. This works best with an eyeliner that has "kajal" in the name (I don't know why, it just does). Try Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil. It's brilliant!

• im the expert at eyeliner, I have literaly tried every kind and the BEST====>Maybelline Unstoppable!

• pencil, and I love it! <3 liquid looks harsh and it takes some time to get it to look right. I only use the pencil that you sharpen, not twist.

• i said other, but really I use pencil, but I only use the soft kind.

try any almay eyeliners, whatever color your eye is, go for it!

(they have some organized by eye color)

here is the one I use: (I have brown eyes)

link

I have this in the colors purple amethyst and brown topaz.

• MAC fluid line is absolutely amazing. It stays on all day. When I go to the gym after school ill have my makeup on nd ill end up sweating it all off (I do a pretty intense workout) except for the liner..it looks like I just put it on

• i chose other because the BEST by far (if you want it to look natural but make a huge, good differene) is powder eyeliner that you use an eyeliner brush to apply. I just discovered it this year, and I'd never go back

• I haven't tried it - at least recently - but it does sound like a good idea. I also sometimes use dark eye shadow as eyeliner so that it doesn't look too dark like regular eyeliner usually does.

• i use a pencil... I think that covergirl is the best brand... its always lasted and made my eyes look AMAZING... so idk.. just my opinion

• i go with charcoal pencil (its one that you twist up from Revlon, you don't have to sharpen it). DO NOT BUY NYC though - it comes off looking really cut up and not natural at all! invest in a more expensive brand

• I've tried the other ones and, not sure if its me or the products, but pencil has worked the best for me.

• I don't use 'eyeliner' per say. The eyeshadow that I have has a black one, and I apply it with a q-tip very thinly right below my eyes.

But, I do use a sparkly eyeliner on my upper lids sometimes, but not too heavy.

• pencil. the pencil pencil. the one you sharpen. not roll up.

• I use a liquid eyeliner by loreal on top and a pencil on the bottom by avon in like a dark brown.

• Urban Decay pencil liner. Smudges well and lasts.

• I use MAC cream black eyeliner. The kind you have to swivel to get more out. Good stuff.

• i use benefit bad gal eyeliner and I loveee it

• Liquid eyeliner in black from Landcome or gel eyeliner from Elizabeth Arden.

• 1 comment...

I SUPPORT MEN WHO WEAR BLACK EYELINER!

• i use a maybelline crayon, I like it better than a pencil

• I love liquid eyeliner. I like to wing it out, it looks really sexy.

The other kind I use is kinda like a gel/cream type. It is waterproof which is very important.

• i like pencil because liquid is too hard for me to put on.

• I just LOVE the way that liquid liner goes on and its a lot easier if you want to go really really thin or really heavy. It takes a while to master it but once you do, its so perfect. If you mess-up you can also fix it right away with a qtib easily. I just like the way it goes on