When you look at a woman's nails what do you expect?

Do you care about how they look? Do you like them short or long. Different colors, styles, or theme?

Most Helpful Guy

• I expect them to be clean. Other than that I don't have any expectations. I happen to like bright colors so I think they look nice. But nails (like many other body parts) are not something I really notice or pay attention to unless there is something really wrong with them. Kinda like eye brows, I've said before that I don't care about eye brows at all and girls who worry about them are really worrying about the wrong thing.

Well I was kinda wrong, partially. See there have been times where I've noticed someone (ok a girl because I don't care if a guy's look bad) and thought that they really need to trim their eyebrows. That being said, I've never noticed a girl and thought "she has really nice eyebrows." Not because my eyebrow standards are high, but because it's more of a maintenance thing. If they look alright, that's all that's required.

Back to nails, it's kinda the same thing. Nails thanks to polish and coloring you get a little more play with them, but they're still not something that are going to catch my eye. Beautifully designed with 10 layers of polish, or just clean and plain, both work. Thankfully in my experience they aren't something that girls worry about (short of breaking one) and are treated more as an art project.

What Guys Said 9

• I like them short or medium, clean and clear. I'm not a fan of nails being over done with paint or length, or if you are going to do them, do it French or with a clear polish.

• i like that french stuff. it really looks great in my opinion. maybe a black polish sometimes, that can be cool also.

this goes for fingers and toes. keep it simple. no "fancy" colors and motives.

and I don't like short nails, it's just horrible to look at that, but they shouldn't be too long. also, I don't like them too rounded. doesn't look good.

example of perfection: link

• I can't stand a bunch of goop and long nails because I want an active woman who can sail and ride a bike and operate things, tie knots, and so forth. All that cosmetics and make-up -- I threw away a 50 gallon barrel full after one woman left it under the sink over time. No make up, no nail jobs, no little jewels or pretty designs on the nails, frenched or whatever. Way too finicky. Gives me the creeps.

• I honestly don't really notice a girl's nails or shoes or anything like that... If she shows me them I usually think they're cute but I don't really notice it at all.

• Plain, medium length, and cleaned up is the hottest. I hate big nails with nail polish.

• I like them long and red!

• Clean, nicely manicured, long but not cat long. I always thought black nail polish on girls was cool.

• Not so long, well kept manicured, and nice color no child glitter or pictures. Classy style

• I just want them to be clean without any dirt under them and to be natural. I couldn't care less about nail polish and styles. I'm to busy checking out your face and body to care about your nails.

What Girls Said 0