My looks...

Ok so I don't consider myself to be a hottie or cute, well maybe cute but on the edge. I'm not the handsomest guy out there, I hate my nose, its pretty ugly imo.. to top that I have some acne problems (not vbad but I just can't control it ..:/ and I guess yeah.. I know I'm not ugly, I would give myself a 7 on 10. But the thing is, I'm not good at expressing myself with my face, or talking because I'm kinda dyslexic or whatever (probably)

so I'm talking to my friends and this girl comes by and we talk and stuff, everything is perfect... her, the stories, the lighting... and I'm sure she's interested in me, there was a lot of IOI's.. and I just don't understand why a girl like her would want to be with me. I guess my personality is quite good , a lot better than average, but I just have a lot of trouble expressing myself with my face and with talking in general... and I'm self-conscious from time to time...

is it possible a shlub like me can be with a girl like her?

Most Helpful Guy

• A schlub like you? You can get any girl you want. There is absolutely no reason why this girl would not be legit in being attracted to you. I have friends who are some of the worst looking people on this planet and get with some of the best looking models.

The most important thing is your attitude. Attitude can make or break a business, it can subdue armies and kingdoms. It is more important than religion, money and respect. I am more convinced that life is ten percent what is actually happening and ninety percent what we percieve it to be. We cannot control the hands we are dealt, but we can definately control how we deal with it, with our attitudes, therefore be successful.

Confidence is overrated. You cannot possibly be confident in something you do not know anything about. You then cross the line into arrogance--that is when you truly become a schlub.

Know that this girl wants to talk to you. She wants to know you. Get to know her in return.

What Girls Said 8

• Personally, I like a guy who EVERYONE thinks is super ugly omg he tickles my fancy just seeing him it just excites me beyond words! I love and like everything about him! And everyone is like " a girl so pretty like you likes him? why?" even his mom was like "wtf no honey just no lol" everyone thinks he is ugly but he isn't im so serious i think he is soo hot! As i said most people give me the side eye and he isn't used to girls liking him at all lol. ik he likes me he throws stuff at me and he's hit me but not hard just playfully and insults me and just teases me a lot lol and everyone says he likes me. but yeah where everyone thinks he is lame i would just need 5 minutes just umph the feels! but anyway.. yeah lol what one person might think is ugly another person will lust for.

• True, but still, I wouldn't worry about it, there's nothing you can do about it unless you get plastic surgery or something, but you might as well just live with it. If there was a cute guy that I liked but he had a weird nose I wouldn't even care. Sometimes when people have something different about them, like a weird nose, tiny lips, small eyes etc. it gives them character. My older sister used to have a big gap between her front teeth (you could fit a quarter in between) and she always hated it, but then she found out that this one guy really liked her smile and thought it was so cute so she forgot about it.

(part of my comment wouldn't fit all the way so I'm answering again)

• Sure you can! Girls like guys with confidence. I like this guy right now, he's not the most attractive guy out there but he's so nice and friendly and funny and that's why I like him. Really not all girls want a Brad Pitt or Heath Ledger looking guy. It would be nice but we also want the personality with it. And you sound like a great guy. Stop doubting yourself and just accept it.! If you like her let her know.

• Yes it is possible! You are probably much more attractive (the whole package) than you realise. Our greatest critic is ourselves-you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. A 7/10 is good looking, you say you have a good personality so it sounds like you'd be a great catch. The things you're self-conscious about probably are hardly noticeable to other people. It sounds like she def likes you so good luck :)

• Of course it's possible. This is telling you that you have a great personality and that's what attracted her to you.

• But looks play a role too, you know? I'm not exactly all that good looking. whereas she is just mindblowing beautiful... but the kind of beautiful that goes unnoticed because people don't try hard enough to notice her I guess, she works a lot and studies a lot doesn't hang out too much I think but she is stunning for a girl...

• Thats nice to hear :) but its still all in my head where I feel inadequate which Suuuuhcks

• Don't overthink it though, or it'll psych you out. Just be happy and confident that you got a great girl and pursue something with her if you're really into her.

• Of course! I sometimes go for the "not handsomest" guys out their cause they are really nice and have great personalities. Don't be afraid cause it sounds like she likes you.

• I think my selfconsciousness is just really hitting me right now since I've just met her (few weeks ago) but barely talked to her(different friend groups) and honestly... I have one of the ugliest nose ever.

u know the expression "a weak chin" to say he has a small chin or it doenst look "strong"

i have a weak nose. its narrow and big, like http://www.drawingcoach.com/image-files/nose_drawing_5.gif but at the bottom where the nostrils are, the 2"balls" or whatver at the bottom are super small

• She always what

• I added another answer at the top cause it was too long

• People will always find something attractive about another person.

• i like a guy, or actually I love him.

and he is not handsome at all, nor cutie or anything... and my friends always say what's the hell I like in him !...but I like how he looks despite the fact that he is not handsome at all, but really I can find him attractive and good looking.

so looks doesn't matter so much as you think with girls.

i actually don't like handsome guys, I know they are handsome and I can tell they are really cute and so, but I prefer a guy that is not perfect at all...

i only care that he being not obese, that's it.

What Guys Said 0