When is your awkward stage over?

I'm a teen (sophomore) and I'm in my awkward stages of a teenager. I feel so self-conscious all the time about my looks(my face mostly) and I feel so ugly and disgusting looking. It really gets me down and I HATE taking photos because I'm always the ugliest one there. I really hate my smile also and my height(I'm 5'11) and the way I'm built. I'm not fat or anything but I have like no curves. Which is weird because most women in my family do. My mom and sister have big boobs but me no I have a small chest and like no booty at all:( when are these stages of a teen over? I really hate myself at the moment and I wish I was gone and not here anymore:'(

Most Helpful Guy

• STOP. You are making me want to bang my head. :-)

Your LIFE is not your sophomore year. Your sophomore is a snap in time of your entire life. It is a stage, and this time next year, you will be different in many ways, and the same in others.

You are not going to be defined (unless you allow yourself to be) with whether you have big boobs or little boobs, a big bootie or a little bootie, whether your face is "perfect" (whatever that is) or not "perfect." You are going to be defined by the things that you can control like: Being compassionate, empathetic, faithful, honest, kind, fun, a hard worker, etc. You fill in the blanks.

There are meaning hurting messed up people in the world. The great thing is, you have time to grow, mature and make a difference. You can smile, love other people, be a positive influence. You can CHOOSE not to worry about the things you cannot control... or you can choose to worry about them, and watch your life float by.

Finally there is a very famous quote - "...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." I love that quote "WHATEVER IS TRUE, NOBLE, RIGHT, PURE, LOVELY, ADMIRABLE - think about such things."

Is that what you are thinking about? Perhaps you should sweet one...

• I see what your saying but for some reason I can't look past it:( I see myself everyday in the mirror and pure hate and discomfort comes across. I occupy my time because I play sports from school but even that doesn't distract me from how I feel:'(

• Omg I wasn't smiling!

• Pity... you should have been.

What Guys Said 7

• OMG you sound just like my girlfriend. Okay look number one, DOMT YOU DARE HATE YOURSELF. You have low self esteem, just like the other 86% of your class. It's a teenage phase, as well as something that can carry on through adulthood. BUT the way to gain confidence is to find reasons TO be confident, you sit there looking at pictures of you and friends/people and automatically look at your self and complain, look for reasons to say I look good in this picture, almost everything you said can be physically changed- your self conscious but your probably really pretty. If you REALLY are un happy, study.

By studying I mean find colors Tha match your skin so that Your brighter in your photos, you sound like you could be a model size? So find clothing that how's your figure, not pants or dress that doesn't fit your butt, but that makes it look good, and so on, now a makeover really for help, and boost confidence, but I guarantee you nothing's wrong with you.

• If you keep telling yourself that, you'll probably take it all with you into adulthood and never be over this depression, because that's what it is.

You need to start looking at your better qualities and stop obsessing about your superficial short comings.

You can start by stopping reading the teen mags and trying to compare yourself with your mom and sisters, I bet they love you for who you are and not how you, if they don't then they are very shallow and you deserve a better family.

• I can't look past my flaws because there's too many:(

• It sounds like you're on your way to becoming a supermodel ;). Chin up sweety.

• Oh wow lol I'm sooooooooo far from being a model let alone a supermodel! I may have like no curves but trust me I'm not skinny enough(or pretty enough) But thx for the compliment:).

• Don't be so hard on yourself, at that age people are too busy caring about their own image that they don't have time to look at other people's image. I believe it's called the spotlight effect. Just do your own thing and you'll be fine. Have a good day :)

• how would you feel if someone else called you those bad and terrible things you are telling yourself?

would you believe them and agree, or get angry at them?

• I would probbably believe them because it's most likely what everyone else in the world is seeing.

• :'( I'm really trying hard not be but ugh I just really try to focus on not caring about getting approval from others but I just can't. I have tried the look in the mirror and tell yourself your beautiful method but it just doesn't work for me:(

• its not a overnight process, you gotta believe it and tell yourself that everyday and not give a care what others think

• never. I'm socially awkward.

• Girl I'm 31 and my awkward stage still isn't over. It's called adulthood, get used to it.

• You will find your style and you will grow into yourself more. Just focus on things you can change right now and do not worry about impressing anyone. Do things in your life now that will set you up in the future to be well off. Things will look different to you in a few years. Trust me on this. You have one life to live so please take advantage of it and do not worry over temporary things.

What Girls Said 5

• hey, I have a similar body type to you, except I'm a bit taller (bit above 6 foot). I sometimes hate feeling so tall and massive but I've found that gradually I care less and less about what others think and I've started to appreciate myself a bit more. I think once I found some really good friends, I didn't have such a great need to feel accepted by others so I didn't care as much what they thought. Try not to dwell too much on what you look like as that can make you feel worse. How you look doesn't define who you are or your worth! :)

• In high school it seems like that is what defines you tho. Did you ever feel like you weren't good enough? I feel like I'm worthless everyday and will never be good enough for guys either.

• Ive called myself bad names too:( once I wrote to myself" your a disgusting cow who doesn't deserve to live and should be slaughtered and should have never been created because your more worthless than dirt."this all came from a guy calling me ugly in one of my classes last year:'(. I felt horrible that whole year. I have attempted suicide because of my feelings and tried to over dose. But I failed:(

• aww honey if only you knew just how precious your really are! another thing that has helped me a lot is my relationship with God (Jesus loves me and everyone so much that he died for us, I'm worth dying for and you are too). you might find this site helpful (you'll have to copy paste it into the browser): net-burst.net/help/feel-ugly.htm

• I used to have problems with the way I looked. I got over it by the time I got to college.

What you need to do is stop thinking about your looks. Seriously, just stop. Focus more on the person you are on the inside and being the best person you can be and I promise you won't feel so bad anymore. It won't be easy since it sounds like its become a habit of yours to pick on every little thing about yourself, but its something you really need to do.

A while back I read about a fad of not looking at any reflections of yourself anywhere for a certain length of time. It might do you some good to try that for a bit (like 30 days or so). Apparently they are called "mirror fasts" or something like that. Here's a link to a blog someone did on it.

• Your awkward stage will never end until you learn to accept yourself.

Listen all girls feel these things, even the ridiculously good looking girls sometimes feel ugly and hate themselves, your looks is NOT how you learn to love yourself.

What guys mostly find attractive is confidence, lack of confidence is one of the biggest turns offs to both girls and guys, THAT is what is attractive NOT your looks.

I understand how you feel, I felt those things before about myself but I got over them, you can do that as well.

You've still got a lot of growing to do anyway, I'm only 17 (I've no idea what age a sophomore is) but you seem to be roughly my age? You've still got more than a few years of growing to do with things like your boobs, I really wouldn't worry about that sort of thing right now.

• I felt just like that when I was in middle school, except I'm not tall.

• why do you hate yourself while you do not commit crime and nobody mocks or insults you...

• I have been called ugly before and I just hate the way my face and sometimes my body looks.:( I wish I was someone else:(