How to deal with BDD

I am still not sure, but I think I have BDD. Every time I look in the mirror I am looking for my imperfections and I wonder how to hide them. I am never happy with what I see. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I am angry.. but I am never happy. that's wrong..

But don't think I am lazy, stupid bitch... I am trying to improve my look, in last 3 years I have changed so much, but sometimes I feel it is not enough. I don't like anything on me. I want to look great. What should I do? I don't want to go to the doctor, I want to fix myself, but I think it is impossible...

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask yourself what makes you happy and what makes you feel good? Do you like to read? Dance? Cook? Listen to music? Even if you're housebound, there's got to be something that you can do or work on, even if it means sleeping. Your life doesn't have to revolve around how you look. You are worth more than that.And you are beautiful.Don't worry about the tiny imperfections.I have them as well but I don't dwell on them I think this makes me different.I know you are beautiful.I know we have never met but you are perfect the way you are

What Guys Said 1

• Find at least one thing about yourself that you love and concentrate on that. Tomorrow find another thing and concentrate on both. Rinse and repeat. Even if its small stuff like the color of your hair, the shape of your nose, freckles. It's important to learn how to love yourself and that start with baby steps.

Also going to the gym may not show results immediately but it releases neurotransmitters and hormones that make you a happier person :)

What Girls Said 1

• If you have BDD then you'd have to go to a doctor who can evaluate you. BDD won't get cured by trying to fix yourself. You'd need medical care for that because they can help you professionally. It sounds to me like you will benefit from a psychologist.