Have you noticed that men are threathened by?

tall men. Not just short men who feel that way but even average height men seem to dislike tall guys be it at social or working environments.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

i can't be the only one?
guys this question wasn't meant to flame responses. Myself I'm 5'10 and I find myself feeling uneasy when a group of 6'2 - 6'4 walk by. Something within me makes me slightly jealous and uneasy. I know it's wrong of me to feel that way, but just asking anyway

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it's a biological response? Men like to be dominate and tell men LOOK more dominate, so they're disliked?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 11

• Naw. Threatened? Depends in what ways you mean.

Personally, I wish I were tall. I'm pretty short. 5'7 at most. Jealous? Perhaps a little, but I don't think in a spiteful kind of way. Threatened? Not always... now if they're in my personal space, and they're huge and they're threatening me, then yes. I'd feel threatened. But I'd probably feel that way if other people did that, too.

If we're talking about dating, I'd probably feel as threatened by a tall guy as a buff guy or a rich guy, a super charming guy, or a male model. I really can't compete with those things, and since those things are what matters to many girls, I'd probably feel intimidated if the guy came in competing for someone I was trying to ask out, sure.

But past that, if they're good guy then I wouldn't be threatened. If it was, say, a tall version of me, great! I'm not threatened. But a little envious of the height, sure.

• I'm 6'2" (which is somewhat tall, but not extremely so), but I can't say I've gotten any heat for that.

• I'm not bothered by tall men, I'm annoyed with people who assume short(er) men always have some kind of problem with their height. I'm fine with mine being 5'10" in a country of giants. I just want everyone who thinks I have a problem to kindly not do so.

• iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

I'm only 5'5.5" so everywhere I go I'm usually the shortest one lol

feelsbadman.jpg

• Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• No.

• I'm about 6 or 6'1, I never really notice anyone feeling threatened

I sure don't!

• it doesn't bother me but I haven't noticed that

• Yes, it does happen. I'm 6'1", so I'm not really tall, but tall enough. If I stand up straight, other men sometimes look uneasy. Likewise, a really tall guy next to me will make me feel a bit intimidated. Men compete against each other, and the more dominant man is supposed to win. Even though we don't fight in modern office buildings, height is a sign of dominance. Some guys can deal with it better than others.

• I think it's more like that being intimidated merely by someone's height even though you know nothing about them is both a sign of cautiousness and of insecurity. I mean, I don't think you're supposed to care about height in this form, and it only causes you grief.

• Im 5'10 and am embarrassed standing near a tall guy.

• I'm usually just surprised by their height, but honestly, it doesn't really matter, does it?

It's not like they chose it or anything.