Ring on my left hand?

My grandmother gave me her wedding ring this weekend (she's been widowed since '96) and I put it on the ring finger on my left hand because I wear a Claddagh ring on my right hand. My mom told me that I should put the band on my right hand because it looks like I'm taken.

The ring is very thin and gold, my other two rings are silver and you can hardly see the band if you aren't looking for it or don't know it's there. It's almost 70 years old, so it's not really shiny anymore.

Do guys notice a small ring (no matter what finger) on the left hand if there is no stone in it catching light? Would a guy think I'm married/ taken or would you ask about it first?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not every guy pays attention to that, but a lot of good ones do. Those are the respectful ones that won't touch a taken girl, and I feel like that is an important attribute. Like others suggested, I would make it into a necklace, or put it on your other hand.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. Absolutely would think you were taken and would not waste my time asking.

Perhaps put it on a necklace if you decide not to wear it on your left hand.

• Would assume married.

Guys who are 20 and down may not think to look, if you're actually 25-29, guys in your age will look. Any any guy who approaches you is looking for NSA on the side.

• I don't really pay attention to rings on the left hand, as a lot of women wear rings. It doesn't always mean she's taken. I'll plow ahead anyways until she tells me to stop.

What Girls Said 3

• I mean I'll say it deosnt matter...btu your mother wants grandbabies! and that ring is like a potential baby daddy deflector. But really if your looking for a guy or are interested in dating take it off that hand and if you don't want anyone at the moment leave it on. Funny how this is in the flirting section...

• I didn't know where else to put the question =/

Oh, she knows there's no grandbabies in her future, just grand puppies. =)

• Your mother's right. It's what I do with my gran's ring. You're not wearing it to decorate your finger; it's for the memory of the beloved ancestors it represents.

A band on the left hand ring finger is code for "taken".

• If you're 25-29, definitely don't wear it on your wedding ring finger. Most guys in your age bracket will look there, unless they are the type that sleep with anyone who lets them, married or not.