Is my height holding me back?

I'm short...very short. I hardly ever get looks from girls anymore and I feel it's because I'm 5'8 and 23 years old. It's like they don't even notice me? Is it likely because I'm short?

lol it's not short? I get called short all the time, and sadly girls think I'm shorter than what I am. I have girls shorter than me think they are taller than me...

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, I thought you were going to say that you are 5'2"...

• lol no. That would be awful.

• well, than shut up D: you're not short. The only thing that is holding you back is yourself

• alright, I wasn't finished typing that so it sounds mean, but yeah that's basically it (>.>)

What Girls Said 10

• 5'8" is NOT very short for a man. 5'6" or less, now that is short. Throw your shoulders back, hold your head up, stand up straight, you'll look just fine. I'm 5'8" and I'm considered above average for a woman but I love my height. And I would love a man my height.

• You are going to believe what you want to believe. The choice is up to you. So which belief leaves you feeling better... believing that you're very short, or believing that you're the average height for a male?

• That's not even that short. It's not tall either, but it's not really short. Maybe your body type gives off the appearance of being shorter?

• That's not short at all. Maybe they are just playfully flirting/teasing?

• 5'8 is not short lol my boyfriend is 5'4

• Honestly ,5'8 dosen't sound short to me .I wouldn't worry about it .

• 5'8 is not very short. Don't worry, you seriously aren't short.

• That 's not short lol

• thats not that short

i know a guy who is 5'2" and has girls all over him

• I'm currently mooning over a guy who is 5'8" but then I'm only 5'. Hah.I don't think you're short.

What Guys Said 6

• Isn't the average male height something like 5'7"-5'8"? How does make you "very" short?

• It's actually around 5'10 for white males. And it seems girls expect a guy to be at least 6 ft tall...

• I couldn't see that being the reason. I know a 24-year old guy who looks like he's 35+ and he seems to have a girlfriend all of the time too. Are you sure you're just not approaching the right way or the right type of girls? I would imagine that most of the superficial girls would want you to be tall.

• I'm sadly most attracted to the girlie girls if you know what I mean.. The ones that spend tons of time (and money) making sure they look good. So yeah they probably are really superficial.

• Is being 5'8" a deal breaker for some chicks? You better believe it is. And is "the taller the better" a general rule when it comes to what women find attractive (to a certain extent, at any rate). Same answer.

But I'd bet the farm that isn't your problem and that something's up with your approach/confidence/personality in general/etc. My old roommate and I are proof of that. He's 5'7" and I'm between 5'9" and 5'10". Yet he's WAY more successful with the ladies than I am. He just understands women better than I do. Knows what makes them tick and how to use that to his advantage. It also doesn't hurt that he's a huge flirt...

Anyway, unless all of your friends are at least 4 inches taller than you are (although that is a rather plausible reason, as well), then it's probably something with your personality/confidence which is holding you up at the moment and not your height.

• I'm 23 and 5'8" as well. I have a small body type too but it's whatever. I think that as long as you're taller than her, it's fine...there's only the select few bitches out there who will say they want really tall guys, just because they find it attractive (and are shallow)

• Let's be real...females are attracted to tall guys for whatever reason but honestly, 5'8 isn't that short. Try chicks that are a little shorter than you? Or maybe ones that are a little(alot) less shallow?

• probably. I'm 6'4" with an average face but I get a fair amount of looks. god I love being tall.

• Maybe people look at you a lot because you're like half man half giraffe. :)

• Well I'm hung like a giraffe so maybe.

• I'm self conscious at times because I am too tall (almost 6'7"). It happens to everyone man, whether tall or short. Just be confident.