How many women look at a guy's shoes?

I've been known to just throw on a old pair if I'm going to run out real quick but my mom always says a first impression is a lasting one. But I was wondering how many women really focuses on shoes alone?

my dress could be better I don't dress in bright flashy things.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is quite funny...

I pay attention, it's almost just a habit of looking down though but it's not to check their shoes just getting an overall view of them...

I was extremely attracted to this guy once, not 'just' the physical but his personality as well and I see him walking to someone and I'm looking, I'm looking...and then, AHHHHH, the shooooees.!

I'm not superficial but man! Them mugs were tore up from the floor, up...he had a decent outfit on, very well dressed, and he had other shoe options. I was cryin' laughin' with my sister that very same night about it. Before we would see him again she would say " Na' don't let him wear those shoes again"...smh

Those shoes were crying to jump in the dumpster, extreme butterballs...lmso

So, no, I don't focus on shoes alone but I tell you one thing, if I didn't have the extreme level of attraction that I had for him, he would have lost major cool points..and your mother was right, lol, first impression ( esp. if it's bad) is a lasting one or an unforgettable one.

What Girls Said 31

• Shoes are important to me. I tend to judge a guy based on what shoes he is wearing/sporting. I usually equate well kept and immaculate shoes with a guy who cares about his appearance and grooming. If he is in his sports shoes but they are still well maintained, that sends a message across too. If the guy is completely shoddy and is also sporting fraying pants... I'd give him a pass. I don't date guys who are slobs and don't care about their appearance. Of course it could be a comfort factor but it doesn't excuse for complete lack of one attention to dressing while in the public.

Thing is, shoes are generally not the most obvious thing to be noticed on the first go when you look at a guy. But they speak volumes because good shoes show that the guy cared to look into the last detail as well and not just his obvious outfit.

• I do:)

I like when guys where converse or basketball shoes, or running shoes.

But, it doesn't matter about shoes in the end.

I think your mom is right because we live in such a high materialistic society.

You don't want to dress in bright flashy things.

I was at disneyland yesterday and I kept noticing these good looking guys whering nike shoes, one that was orange and gray. I can't help what I notice and it doesn't matter in the end because my future boyfriend can have shaggy shoes, but I do notice nice shoes. (don't we all?)

• I look at a guy's everything. I look at him from top to bottom and look at the entire package, shoes included. If he's wearing some old bummy shoes that look like they've been worn for years that's not attractive. First impression does count because if I don't know you that's all I have to go on. Just like you would judge me on my appearance, I would be doing the same to you as well.

• Different for me I look at a women's nails more then her shoes.. matter of fact I don't recall myself ever looking at women's shoes unless she pointed something out about it

• i admit, I do this.

i wouldn't judge you if I see you out in jandals or sneakers, I'm happy to compromise on a guys sense of style because there are obviously more important considerations but you're not exactly helping your game by not caring... and I would be impressed if I met you and you were wearing something stylish and leather.

also if you're actually trying to look good, then yes, shoes alone can ruin it...it doesn't matter what else you're wearing, pair it with sneakers or beige loafers and it's ruined.

• In my opinion, shoes are the most important thing a guy wears, it can tell you a lot about him.

• Alwayyyyyyyys. For some stupid reason it's kinda important to me haha. You don't have to dress flashy just have a bit of a fashion sense. Nothing fancy. And who cares what you wear of your just going out for a run. No one willnotice cause everyone dresses comfy when going on a run.

• When it comes to clothes, shoes are one of the most important items. So if I do look at a guy's appearance, I definitely look at his shoes.

• Women notice if men are dressed well in general, this included everything. Even the shoes.

Bright and flashy means nothing, slick and clean is what matters. You don't have to look rich you just need to look put together.

• It seems bright & flashy always wins out however :-/ or those women that take those 0.00000001 second glances and they somehow read your whole life story

• hahahaha I hate those women!

• I only notice shoes if they are in some way ostentatious. However, when a guy is not wearing shoes I cannot help but notice his feet, even if it's in a situation where you would typically go without shoes.

• I would likely only notice them if they were very unattractive looking.

• I wouldn't notice unless they are really old looking(with holes or covered in mud) or crocs or maybe a bright color(Pink, neon colors), Shoes don't matter to me too much.

• I look at guys shoes..thats like the only part of their outfit I break my neck to see. lol but I look at everyones shoes I don't know why.

return the favor pls when you get the chance link thx

• Just no crocs.

• Hahaha yes I was dating this guy who wore the same shoes to all out dates they were like old basketball shoes and I don't know why and I know this is dumb but I hated those shoes x) hahaha and I even brought them up in a conversation, saying oh you always wear the same shoes... but I didn't have the courage to flat out say they were ugly. I don't know there was just something about his shoes that nudged me wrong hahaha... I'm so weird lol. He was cool tho :)

• lmao...wow, you brought them up in conversation, I couldn't have done it, I would have been extremely tempted to laugh, even if I didn't say they were ugly , just thinking about them would have made me laugh.

• I don't judge a guy by his shoes, but I do look at them. It's no turn off if I don't like them though.

• yes! I notice weird stuff like that. I've even gotten turned off by a certain pair of shoes the guy was wearing hahah...

• i do it a lot I don't know why really I think its just so she knows that you dress to impress and your not some bum that wears shoes that have 10 holes in them

• I sure do, a lot of times guys ruin what they are wearing with busted up sneakers.

• All the time, but I look at girls's shoes too...in addition to the whole outfit.

• I'm a freak for doing that! Dono why but if a guys wearing old busted up shoes its a massive turn off lol

• I only look at the shoes of guys that I am really interested in.

• That's mainly all I buy! Unless my mom wants me to get dressy :P

• I have dress shoes but I don't walk out in them all the time unless it's a event, my feet hurt in those dress shoes.. and having big feet I don't think helps any.

I tried those gel inserts once but in the end I end up with sore heals

• Wow I think it would be more of a hassle to be that tall.

• Maybe... Although it doesn't bother him much!

• well... I mean if you have like ripped out shoes and they showing your toes... then ya that's >_< just no but I mean old pair eh who cares ^^ I like smiles and personalities better

• I do

• i do

• sometimes. I just look down and notice if he has good shoes or not. I don't pass judgement on a guys shoes though

• I do.

• Much more than you might think. Afterall, when a woman checks you out, she checks EVERY part of you out.

• i love shoes and I notice a guy's shoes because I love shoes so much lol. I like it when a guy has good taste in shoes

• I look but I don't care how they look. As long as they're not falling apart or covered in mud or something.

I will say that I probably wouldn't get along with guys that like to pay over $100 for shoes.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 8

• I'm a shoes guy. I'm swiftly becoming a collector of cool shoes, but I ain't rich. Still, I love to be wearing good shoes. I have a beautiful pair of Caramel Chelsea boots at the moment, and a real cool brown leather jacket to go with it coming in the post!

I also have a fancy pair of dark brown leather shoes.

Both feel so great to walk in, especially the Chelsea boots.

For the next wedding I'm attending (relatively soon), I plan to be wearing a pair of black and white two-tone zoot shoes. Black with the white wings across the width just before the nose. I think their technically called wing-tips. Now they are cool, and if you tell me they're not I don't care I still think they're cool and I will have a pair.

Shoes are more important than a lot of people take for I think.

• I've got a bridal shower to go to next week so I get to wear my new leather shoes but I'm thinking about buying 3 more pair for next year for the wedding.

Trying to find a suit in my size is painful... I kinda have to go in the kids size to find a larger selection.

• I don't think it matters much unless you find a woman with a shoe fetish. And even if you did find a woman with a shoe fetish, your shoes would end up having all the fun anyways.

• I have to say that this is an amazing question. I never thought of this.

• I was curious if today's women did the same.. seems like it still holds true.

• Depends on the shoes... most chicks only look at wether theyre falling apart or not but if you wear something flashy ( I don't mean shiny but something that catches your eye) like high top ferraris people will notice. Also if your shoes match your style so if you got a purple tank on with a purple hat and you're wearing shoes that have some purple on them, it gives the impression you know how to dress.

• What palek said lol

• Keep em clean and fresh, that is all.

• shoes say a lot about a man's character ... his personality, his attention to detail.

• Sandals and socks, but that's for trolling situations only ;)