Sun dresses- are they silly?

apparently, long sun dresses are going to really be in fashion this year, I was just wondering what you guys/girls thought of them? where are they appropriate to be worn?

link

Most Helpful Guy

• My understanding of a sun dress is neither of the dresses in the first link.

And the dress in the Second link is an evening gown by definition.

These are sun dresses: link

And I very much like them.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it depends on the circumstance, the girl, and the dress. I've seen some girls that look really good in sun dresses.

• theyre meant for the beach, not for the city, ya know?

What Girls Said 11

• I agree with pielove. Sundresses look so much better if they're around knee length. I really don't like the long ones. They just look odd to me.

• I don't really like them. I think taller girls can pull them off relatively well, but they're overwhelming on shorter girls.

• i really don't like the sundresses but I haven't ever liked them either...and I think there not really appropriate to wear anywhere but the beach or around your house

• I don't like them very much...I think sun dresses should hit a little above or slightly below the knee, (for every day wear) however I think the long dresses are good for things like family reunions, church,and weddings.

• I really thought that sundresses were shorter than that. I don't like the ones in your first link but the one in the last link is okay.

• I love them. I will definitely be living in them this summer! The second look is good for a nighttime get together. I wore them last season, I like them especially when used with a lot of accessories and go with the Nicole Richie look. I don't like the ones I've seen in the Old Navy commercials because they are too plain. I like a little more detailing

• OMG I love them, I'd pair them with a pair of wedges (if its a bit to long) or gladiator sandals. I'd wear them to school, but the dumb dress code. the straps have to be 3 fingers in width, I'd wear a tee under but then I would look like a nun. covered from shoulder to ankle no thanks..i love the other sun dresses to the ones that end right around knee length they're great too

• I loveee maxi dresses! Can't wait to buy some in the summer, in England people wear them whereever aslong as it's hot and sunny or you'd look stupid-pair them with some wedges and big sunglasses and then end result is hotness! haha :)

• I hate it.

• They're okay. Not a huge fan, but whatever works.

• Love them! I wore them like everyday last summer, they are so comfy and cute! (: