What is your minimum cut-off for height in considering a partner?

Reason why I ask is that I'm 5'9''. I know this is a deal breaker for a lot of woman and though it hurts a bit I've come to terms with that.

• 5'11'' to 6'0''
  • 5'9'' to 5'10''
  • 5'7'' to 5'8''
  • 5'5'' to 5'6''
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'5", so not shorter than that. I prefer not to be with a guy who is 5'5" because shoes make me taller. I like to be the little one.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm around 5'3 - I've met only like 2 guys shorter than me. I wouldn't date either of them; but not because of their height lol.

I definitely wouldn't consider 5'9 short. Most guys I've dated have been around 5'8ish.

• I'm 5'1" so that's pretty much my cutoff. My brothers are shorter than you by around 4/5 inches and are both in relationships.

• I'm 5'7”, so my cut off is typically 5'7-8”, although I'd date someone an inch or so shorter if I really liked them. Height is something I can look past so long as the guy treats me right and we have great chemistry and are attracted to each other, despite the little height variance!

By the way, you're not short at all, just average height. Besides, the right girl won't care how tall you are. :)

• lol I'm not worried I'm sure the right girl is out there, besides my personality is bigger than I am :-)

• As long as they are taller than me(I'm 5'4"-5'5"), but not over six foot... I'm fine with them, then again maybe if they were taller I wouldn't mind too much.

• height really doesn't matter to me. For a long time I said they had to be at least my height (5'6ish) but when you find the right person, an inch or 2 shorter than me really means nothing.. it's how you feel about them that's important! I voted E.

• I'm 5'7 so I would prefer someone the same height or taller. However I am not going to stop liking a person I they are 5'5... although anything shorter than that it would bug me, but not to the point where it is a deal breaker ...

• Really depends on the guy. I'm 5'10.5" so height is a factor, but not a massive one. My boyfriend is slightly shorter than me and I'm fine with that. I'd date someone shorter, and I've been attracted to guys as short as 5'6" in the past.

• as long as they are at least 2 inches taller it's perfectly fine ..but not too tall cause then It would be hard to dance

• No shorter than me. I'm 5'2.

5'9 isn't short. You're average height. I don't think women are concerned about you being 5'9.

• im 6'4'' and have dated men shorter than you, so its not a deal breaker for me lol :P

• i'm only 5"2 so as long as a guy is at least 5"8 I am good. I usually end up with guys who are 5"8 or 5"9 actually.

i have liked shorter guys but I strongly prefer at least 5"8.

• I don't think 5'9 is considered short unless the girl is tall. Even then, most of them will be flexible on height if they're otherwise into the guy.

• I have a thing for the tall guys. We're talking 6'+. If he's nipping at the heels of 7 ft, I'd have no issue with that. But I'm certainly not the average so don't listen :P

What Guys Said 7

• I'm shorter than you and I do perfectly fine. Better than fine, actually. Don't blame your height because that's not the issue.

• Not looking for a blame brother, I'm fairing well for myself, just looking for the facts because I find them interesting. It seems for most women here that as long as you are at least there height they aren't bugged by it. For guys I'm not sure what the correlation between their height and own because no one here really touched on it.

• I'm only 5'1 so girls who are between like 4'8-5'4 are my best bet but I don't mind taller girls though.

• 1 standard deviation from the mean.

• Don't care. Anyone who cares about height that much is shallow and stupid.

• So, they're 'shallow and stupid' for having a preference in regards of height?

• Hmm, I can understand that. But it's what they want to do and if it's out of their comfort zone. - I don't think it makes them necessarily shallow. They're just limiting themselves when it comes to guys. I am in love with a guy who is 5'6", all guys I've been with have been taller than that. Height shouldn't cloud what is meant to be there. But it does, they can't help it.

• They can't help it, then they're shallow :P if that's how it is, that's how it is. It's a pity and I don't think of them as bad people or anything, but I do think it's shallow and illogical.

• please post results

• I do not have a minimum or maximum height.

• 3 foot or taller