Guys, is it a turn off if a girl is taller than you?

Obviously it might be a little weird if the girl you approach is significantly taller than you...

So I mean more like an inch or two. If you take interest in a girl, could you get over the fact that your a bit insecure about the height difference?

... I don't think an inch or two height difference is that big of a deal. But the reason I'm asking is, there's a guy that seems to like me. But he's commented at least twice about how short he is with comments like "short people problems". He's only about an inch shorter than me. But is that a big deal in a guys mind?

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't bother me, but quite a few guys won't approach, because the majority of girls will turn down a guy that is shorter than them. Be sure that you show some kind of interest to the guys you are attracted to you as an okay for them to approach.

What Guys Said 13

• It's a little embarrassing - guys are generally supposed to be (on average) 4 inches taller than girls and when the tables are turned it can feel a little emasculating. I'm probably shorter than you too, but don't think it would bother me all that much.

He could just be joking anyway about the "short people" thing. May I suggest avoiding wearing heels if you go out with him?

• I'm with anon. I don't care about the height difference but I know women that are okay with it are extremely rare. If you want a guy who is a little shorter you will have to appear more open to the idea of him talking to you otherwise he will just assume he doesn't measure up.

• We're already friendly and he's opened up about a few things which I guess is a good sign. I don't normally go for guys that are shorter than me. But he's so sweet the height thing doesn't even factor in.

• Good to hear.

• It wouldn't bother me at all. Even more than a few inches is okay. I don't believe in punishing someone for something they can't do a thing about, and that includes height. I'm actually of above average height so a girl taller than me is rare, but in a weird way it's kind of cool when it happens. I do admit though I would have reservations about dating a woman taller than 7'4", reason being there'd be a good chance she wouldn't live past 50 and I'd really hate to be burying my wife before our kids graduate from high school.

• It's a turn off for me, but not a deal-breaker. If you want to date guys shorter than you, you are probably going to have to be more assertive.

• Good point. I get how he might feel about it. But I don't think he'll completely write me off just for that.

• I'm 6'1 so taller than me is pretty tall, but I have found girls that are 6'2-6'4 and very attractive.

• My lady is like a half inch to an inch taller than me and it's really not an issue at all.

• I like tall girls but honestly taller than me that's a turn-off, but very few girls ever reach 6'1 and over and those who do usually are not the prettiest ones anyway.

• not at all..it is feelings that matters,not the height..he likes you that means he is not really bothered about the height..may be he commented jus to tease you a bit ..:)

• Yes it is especially if she decides to wear heels. But I would not be turned off by it. I can only be turned off by a personality.

• Like I said. I won't pull out the heels. I would think that would make him feel worse. And hopefully my personality won't be a problem for him. So far so good... Think he likes me.

• No, not for me.

• yes because I'm 6'4" and I would make me feel like less of a man. I've heard girls say they don't want a guy they feel they could beat up. Likewise I don't want a girl I feel could beat me up.

• Nope!

• He probably mentioned his short people problems because he likes you and thinks you'd reject him over his height. Men know women are picky about a guy's height, so they don't even approach taller girls even though they really like them because they know they'd be rejected. So you just need to signal him that you're interested. BTW, I find tall girls to be the best :)

• True. Thanks for your answer. :) my communication could probably be a little bit more direct towards him.

What Girls Said 0