I'm shorter than her, should I buy shoes that make me a tad bit taller? Please, all answers are welcomed!

This girl I am going after says she's 5'9. I measured my height today and I'm a tad bit under 5'7. So potentially we are looking at a 2-2.5 inch difference. Things have been going GREAT through texting and we are eventually gonna meet sometime soon. I told her I was about 2 inches shorter than her already.

So now I was thinking of buying shoes that give me like a 2 inch boost. When we first meet I wanna close the gap as much as possible. I feel like if I do that, she will not think about my height at all and can focus on my personality. Lets say if we share a romantic kiss then BAM I got her hooked and eventually when she finds out I'm a little shorter she won't even care about it by then.

PLUS, When she wears heels I can close the gap there a little and in pictures it won't look as awkward when we are next to each other. Only time I won't have my shoes on would be like in a private room with her and we could be doing something like cuddling and she won't even notice anyways lol. So what do y'all think? Could it work? Is it OK to do and not feel bad about it? Could this backfire? Need opinions please! Thanks in advance! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Coming from a family where everyone is under 5'6", I feel your pain. My poor cousins deal with it all the time! I say definitely wear the boots or shoes or whatever- know why? For your own confidence boost! If you feel confident, you'll come off a lot better than if you're worrying about your height. Do it! It's not like you're lying about your height- you already told her outright. I'm sure, her being above average height for a woman, that she's used to being a little taller- so don't feel to self conscious. You'll be great!

• thank you for truly understanding! ha ha I think you hit it all right on the money. I think I would feel much more confident and as a result my personality will shine better. I hate feeling short and it's like the second I see a mirror and I'm next to a tall girl I'm like damn I'm really that short? it takes a hit on your manhood sometimes lol. And yeah I don't see the big deal, it's kinda like girls who get implants? I want to win her with my heart.

• yeah exactly hahaha! craziness. thank you so much for understanding and helping me out, ill let everybody know how it goes with the shoes and her!

• Of course! Good luck!

What Girls Said 8

• Don't wear the shoes. I've never seen "heels" for guys that looked good. 5'9" is pretty tall for a girl; you're probably not the first guy she's been interested in who was shorter than her. If height were that important to her, she would have backed off when you admitted to being shorter than her. If you don't act like height difference is a problem for you, she's less likely to view it as one either.

Also, you being shorter isn't necessarily a bad thing for her - a lot of girls are more than happy to use a guy who's close to them in height as an excuse to never have to wear uncomfortable high heels ;)

• Did you guys meet online? You've already your shorter, so don't sweat it. If she was that concerned about your height she would have backed out already. Plus she's on the tall side, she's probably used to being taller than some.

When you guys meet, just be yourself and don't try to hide who you truly are. If she can't handle the fact that you are slightly shorter, she's not right for you.

Personally, pumps on a guy wouldn't seem right. It may be more awkward than not.

• Yeah we go to the same college and met through Twitter. I guess you're right about her not backing out immediately but maybe she didn't think about it that much but in person it be a bigger difference than she imagined? Haha and I get that I should be myself. I shouldn't hide but man I feel like this girl and I have so much in common. All it is, is like a enhancer, kinda like makeup for girls, I don't see the big deal but yeah haha. Thank you so much for your input!

• I say be comfortable as you are, if you told her and everything is going good you shouldn't sweat it. It doesn't seem like she has an issue about it. Sometimes tall when like shorter guys. If you really are a concerned about the height difference, ask her if it matters. If it doesn't don't worry about it.

• Yeah I probably should ask her that at some point, just be like "do you care that I'm shorter than you?" I kinda missed the opportunity already but I can bring it up when we first meet. Thank you for your answer, much appreciated!

• 0|1
    • link

Maybe even a pair of desert boots.. That would be dope

• i was looking at nearby stores and they're too expensive, ill prob get them from that site lol. what you think of these?

link

link

link

• I don't like any except for the sneakers lol... Those wouldn't go with khaki's come on man..

• be who you are. don't change for her. you are you, and that's awesome. so, you're shorter than her, so what?! that's how it is:) she probably doesn't care, and if she does, she's not right for you. <3 good luck ~~

• Thanks I guess the girls are leaning towards the be yourself approach. I don't know I guess I feel under so much pressure to impress her and feel like if her friends saw us together they would be like "hes too short for you" and put that thought in her head but yeah I mean I guess you are right. It's better to be myself. Thanks for your insight.

• Nah I am taller than my boyfriend too. He is 5ft 9. I am 5 ft 11

doesn't matter cause we are hot together

• She already knows you are shorter than her so there's high chance that she won't wear high heels. But it'd be nice if you both look compatible for the first meeting. 2 inch heels are not too much for a guy's wearing anyways. Good luck ^^

• yeah that's what I'm saying. I would like to ease it down little by little till she gets used to my height I guess haha. I was thinking about 1.5 inch shoes would be enough too. I would consider 2+ inches if she planned on wearing heels haha. Thank you so much for your answer.

• You'll be great :) like I said on your other post ..what kinda shoes you leanin towards?

• Haha thank you so much for your help, you don't know how much it really means! :) and I don't know I'm looking at a couple casual ones and one formal one on that tallmenshoes.com site. I'm terrible when it comes to picking shoes. What looks good with jeans and cackys? haha

• Yeah I would say if you're wearing khakis go with an all white shoe..like sneakers and with jeans a more dressy-casual shoe. I was trying to look up some of the styles on that site but didn't see anything that popped out.how would you describe your style tho? And I'm glad I could help :) no problem at all

What Guys Said 9

• maybe get her shoes that make her look shorter. I kiddin'

You already told her before hand that she is a tad bit taller then you, but I get the first impression scenario and I think if you get some boots that make you a bit taller, it'll put her first impression of you at ease and make herself a bit more comfortable with you.

If you do hit it off, she'll get used to your average height.

A funny story, my wife got these new knee dominatrix like type boots and now she is 1.5 inches taller then me haha, and I'm 5'7 and she is 5'6. She got them to wear to France, what a fashionista.

• haha fun story man. and yeah I think I just need to have a great first impression, second chances don't come very often these days. thanks for your answer sir, appreciate it!

• You should wear the shoes if that makes you more comfortable man, I'm not short but I know what you mean when you say you want a fair chance. It's not like you are betraying her, because she knows you are shorter. Wear the shoes and sweep her off her feet.

• once again right on the money. she knows and even if she asked why I look taller, I can just tell her the truth and say its my shoes lol. I doubt she would freak out about it especially if things are already going well. thanks for the answer man, very much appreciated bro!

• Do whatever makes you comfortable bro.

• No.

Because she is going to realize that you are trying to stilt your height and it will make you look really insecure about your height and you need to compensate for it.

• That is something to consider, I don't see how it would be a 'big' deal but I also don't know how she would react to it. But I feel like at the end of the day if I added an inch or two I would feel more comfortable and confident. Thus, I would be able to have a better time rather than pounding the thought of me being shorter than her.

• no kill her what your swag

• 0|2
    • Yeah I have visited this site before haha. I was looking at both formal and casual shoes. What do you think of me adding an inch or two? Is it perfectly fine and normal, girls can have implants why can't I add an inch or two by the shoes I wear? Haha. I wanna hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance.

• one more thing, if I'm a size 10 or 10.5 in regular shoes, is it the same for these increased heightening ones?

• yes of course, length (in US measurements) is the same, there is just a hidden heel

• But you already told her how short you are and it hasn't deterred her, so what's the point? If you meet her and you're actually the same height, she might think something's up :P

It kind of puzzles me because like 90% of guys will say they think it's stupid and "false advertising" for a girl to stuff her bra to attract a guy if he's going to see her boobs later on anyway. If it makes you more relaxed then go for it, but don't pretend it makes sense, haha.

Personally, what I would do is talk to her about my insecurity because she'd probably be fine with letting me know she really doesn't care about it.

• Yeah I think if it ends up going well I would have to tell her about it eventually, that's obvious haha. I think I will be far more relaxed with it. I just feel like I need to have a first great impression and I don't want to feel insecure about it on the first encounter. I kinda wanna ease it down if you get what I'm saying lol.

• ask her if you can barrow her heels.

• Yeah, buy the shoes if it will make you feel better. And don't worry about your height. A friend of mine is 5'6 and he ONLY goes for tall girls and he always has some long legged model looking girl. I think it's because he's confident.

• Wow really? That is a great story to hear haha. I got a thing for tall girls too. I feel like there's things that can make up for it such as body(muscularity) and/or personality. Confidence is everything but it's tough when I feel short not gon' lie. I think it goes back to all my friends being so tall. We be walking and they just pick on me saying I'm a midget or something haha. But yeah honestly I think I would feel better wearing the shoes, an inch in a half at least would do wonders.