Is there any other reason why men shouldn't wear makeup?

It's seen as gay for men to use makeup which is why we don't use it...but, is there any other reason why men don't use makeup?

Most Helpful Girl

• The only reason I can think of is that its viewed as feminine and men don't want to be seen that way so they don't use it. Because its viewed this way women wouldn't like it either. There may be some individuals who feel differently, I'm not generalizing just saying my best guess lol.

What Girls Said 5

• I seldom wear any because of the hassle of putting it on, so I can't imagine why any guy would want to for any reason go through the trouble of putting on make up, with a costume party being the exception

• It a feminine thing - women are associated with wearing make up, dressing up - where men are seen as talking about cars etc. So it can make it awkward.

• So explain women who don't do it

• well like I said its stereotypical women are seen as the gender who dresses up etc where men are seen as more outgoing, sporty. But that doens't mean all women wear makeup some prefer to not wear it. Its depends what you like and don't like.

• So wouldn't that make them, men?

• 1) it's not gay.

Gay means a guy that has a sexual attraction or love for another man.

Wearing makeup doesn't signify a sexual orientation.

But, no it doesn't mean that you're less manly if you wear make-up.

• I agree that it's not gay - I use make up and even the fantastic singer Elvis Presley used make up, then again he used it to accent his already fantastic good looks on stage. I've never read about him using make up off stage.

And I use make up to cover something up, like a scar or when I've scratched something on my forehead and it would show otherwise without make up.

If you wanna use make up for whatever reason, then absolutely do so. No reason to give a darn what others may or may not think

• i don't think its gay, if a man wears full makeup with lipstick and eyeshadow he might be a tranny or a drag queen. But when I see a guy with eyeline or an example I think he is a glam rocker or just a rocker

• It's just weird. Considering I usually don't wear makeup unless I just feel like putting it on, I don't want a guy that's wearing more than I am.

What Guys Said 3

• only korean popstar singers use make up when they sing, unless your one of those or an actor or going to the premiere of a big Hollywood blockbuster like Star Wars 7: the return of Skywalker. I suggest you leave the make up to your girlfriend, if you do not wanna be labeled.

• Nope, I think that's the only reason.

• Because it's super gay