What type of bathing suit do girls prefer on guys? Are Speedos ok?

I like to wear a speedo but have heard girls don't like the sight of guys in speedos but I'm so used to wearing them since I'm on the swim team.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• I'm in the minority for girls and think that revealing shorts/swimwear is okay for guys who can pull it off. Unfortunately most guys bodies don't look very flattering in them. I also understand guys have to have courage to do so in a public pool/beach setting with all the other guys in knee lenght board shorts. This being said I understand if guys aren't willing to...but guys with good bodies and muscle tone can look great in speedos or even better in high-thigh length spandex shorts :)

• I like regular swim shorts too... But if you're a swimmer, I could understand why you would prefer speedos.. But, like I said, I like swim shorts.

• is it because speedos are too revealing?

• well Yeah I just can't go into cold water with a speedo on lol

• bahahahaha, there's always at least one downside... xDDD

• id rather he just wore shorts if we're in a public place.

• I like my man in a thong. But if you live in the USA, then forget about it. There is way too much prejudice.

• They are OK with me

• personally my fiance wears just regular swim shorts and I'm OK with that

• I prefer guys to wear swimming shorts

• I like board shorts, but really just wear what you're comfortable with. And honestly speedos really aren't that bad unless you are a fat, hairy man like this link

What Guys Said 5

• Don't believe the hype - girls do like fit guys in speedos, but for some reason most don't like to admit it.

Put it this way, what do you think girls would think of you if you went around saying you didn't like seeing girls in bikinis?

• Speedos are life

• I wear a thong all the time, even when I go to the beach or pool, I haven’t found anything that matches them for comfort and support – and I also like the tan I get.

• I've never met a woman who thinks that Speedos / thongs are attractive on men. From what I can tell, there are two reasons for this.

The first is that women are typically more attracted to things like like shoulders, chest, arms, abs than they are by a man's butt. A woman might think a guy has a cute butt, but she's ATTRACTED to strong arms, etc.

The second is that things like Speedos and thongs remind women of their own attire, and so those kinds of garments are seen in their eyes as feminine. They're not any more attracted to a guy in a Speedo than they would be to a guy who was wearing a miniskirt. To them, it looks ridiculous.

Women are attracted to guys that are masculine, and have the appearance of strength, confidence, and power. Speedos do not help a guy achieve that image.

This is also the reason that men's lingerie is almost nonexistent in retail outlets. Women in general do not find "sexy" underwear for men very attractive, because of it's femininity. They're not turned on by men in skimpy, revealing outfits. If they were, your average department store would have huge sections devoted to revealing menswear and satin thongs, and men would be rushing to buy them.

• Some interesting observations, but I totally disagree about Speedos not being masculine. Only real men have the courage to wear Speedos. It's their masculiniity that freaks out the immature...

• Speedos, like thongs, are very much the province of the gay man. Most especially twinks.