Are leather jackets still in style?

I'm thinking of buying this jacket form Andrew Marc

link

But are leather jackets still in today? Since holidays are around the corner there's going to be lots of parties and dinners and I want to look stylish. Also what's your opinion on the jacket?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes they are still in style.. but fitted leather jackets (leather and dark velvet blazers can be really cool) are more in style. not such a huge fan of that jacket.. to big and the coller makes it feel like a trench coat... I like Andrew marc's Duke jacket better.

but I personally DON'T love andrew marc's leather jackets.. I have 3 leather jackets and one of them is andrew marc.. It's the only one I don't use because it doesn't have a flattering fit.. check out

Hugo Boss's men's leather jackets.. His jackets are around the same price and Hugo Boss makes clothing/ jackets that are more flattering on and have a more attractive fit :)

What Girls Said 15

• I'd say leather jackets are still pretty fashionable.

As for the one in the link... definitely not my favorite leather jacket that I've ever seen... it's kind of bland. It might be good quality or whatever but it's not very visually appealing.

• Of course, a good leather jacket will never go out of style- theyre a classic! You should go for a biker jacket, guys look hot in those. Something like this:

link

I don't really like the jacket you posted, it looks like something my dad would wear. Invest in something a little more contemporary and edgey

• If you don't own a bike & wear a biker jacket it's kind of like a wannabe biker.

• I ride a Harley. Any biker laughs at guys wearing biker jackets, as I wrote wannabe bikers.

• Why? It's JUST a jacket...

• I don't think good quality leather jackets will ever go out of style. You'll be good!

*One thing, try it on- don't just buy it online. The jacket seems to be pretty long on the model.

• yeah I think it's a neo-trench thing going on haha.

• HAHA! Neo was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw that! Lolol.. just beware of that, unless you're purposely going for that kind of look

• Looks sexy. The guy.

Hehe. Sure, go with it. Some look too shiny. If they have a wrinkly affect, I tend to not like them.

I bought a fake leather jacket this fall. It's a burgundy color.

• Its never out of style...even if look like a dumbass wearing it in the summer you would be a stylish dumbass. Trust Me

• Wear whatever makes you happy :D

And I don't think leather jackets will ever go out of style.

• Leather jackets are always in style

• they never even went out of style, so they are very much in and will be for a long time

• i don't like any weather product personally,maybe I'am out of fashion,but if you like the feeling when you wear it,just do it.

• Go for it and don't be a hipster. Who cares if its in or not, If you can rock it, then get it!

• I love my leather jacket. To me, they're always awesome (just not in the cold if it's not well insulated)...Honestly, and this is a rule I follow whenever getting dressed. I wear whatever I'm in the mood for no matter if it's in style or not, as long as my clothes work together. I notice this gets me a lot of compliments because I dress different

• They will always be in.

You just have to find the right one that looks good on you.

• Hell yeah I looooove leather jackets!

• Yes they are

• Leather jackets are a fashion staple so they will always be in style. And that link took me to the websites home page, not the particular jacket you want, therefore I cannot give an opinion.

What Guys Said 8

• Dang man I love leather jackets and they are still in style. I see load of people in them although many of them aren't wearing a real leather jacket like I am haha! I have a really cool brown leather jacket to go with my brown chelsea boots and I have a big black leather which I'd like to get some black boots to go with. I have a black faux leather (yeah I do have a fake but I have two real ones which are better because they're real leather basically). I also intend to get a brown leather US air force style jacket with the woolly inside for the winter.

There are loads of people wearing leathers everywhere. Sure I'm the only person wearing chelsea boots and 1950s style jeans with the upturned cuffs and maybe that's not deemed as 'stylish' but I don't care. I dress the way I want to. That's the way you should be that's the way everyone should be. You create your own style. Makes life a lot more interesting that way anyway. You see a jacket you like and you want to wear it then wear it. Your only inhibition should be whether you want to spend the cash on it.

Actually recently a female friend was like "Oh wow I love those boots" and then when she saw the jacket I had to go with it (I was putting them on ready to go out) she was like "Oh wow that's so nice is it real leather where did you get it?" etc. and loved how it goes well with my boots. So that was pretty cool.

• While there will be some people who are disgusted that people wear leather or fur, over all I would say they are still in fashion. I know of lots of women who think they still look cool on men, even though the bad boy persona with black leather jackets started in the 50s.

• some will like it, some will not.

• Some people can wear leather, some can't so it really depends on you and your style/body type

If you ride a motorcycle, Leather is the way to go

BUT

If you are just wearing it out and about, try a Blazer, or a well fitted Cardigan, anything with big buttons is in right now.

link

• In that price range I recommend you shop around a bit check out different brands, cuts and fits. I know you can get some really really good jackets for that price. Personally I don't think the linked jacket is all that amazing, it's too long and bland. I prefer the brown one. But that's just my taste.

Otherwise, leather jackets have never not been in style.

• I like it. Yes, leathers are still in. I may be getting one soon myself.

• I wish leather jackets were available in my size...I can't even get a denim jacket in my size.

• Yes their pretty cool!