Being good looking is not enough for guys?

My friend complains that girls find him good looking, but he doesn't have a girlfriend. Are good looks enough?

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously not- it might get you in the door but if you have an off-putting personality, poor manners, or just can't carry on a conversation, you're not going to get further than that.

On the other hand- if you have a really dynamic personality but aren't the most gorgeous guy out there, you definitely have a chance of getting beyond the first meeting.

• I second that

• I see. So what you're saying is, I should tell my friend that he just need to meet more women until he finds one who clicks with him personality wise?

• Pretty much,yeah. You can't rely on looks alone. Think about it- do you want to date a girl who's gorgeous but you can't have a conversation with or who irritates the crap out of you? One night stand maybe, but not date or have a relationship with.

What Girls Said 3

• good looks are absolutely not enough. I am only interested in a guy when I see his true personality shine through. I like a guy with a similar sense of humor, morals, beliefs, values, is exciting and respects and admires me.

• Absolutely not. Looks are only skin deep, most girls prefer a good looking guy, but honestly... a good personality gives a lot more potential to a relationship than being handsome.

• Looks are not enough for a relationship. One night stands (for the girls who are into that) , I think looks are the only thing that are important because its about lust rather than trust or comitment. To be able to be in a serious relationship, you need to be goodlooking (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but also funny, mature... or what ever a person likes in a partner. Some people like men who are silly and fun, others like men who are seriois and dominating.

What Guys Said 3

• Looks are a good start. A lot of girls are also defensive that good looking guys have a chance to be cocky. Girls do the same thing ironically. Some girls may put up being mistreated by a good looking guy but only for so long.

• What he said and what he means is this.

He does not want a girlfriend. There are too many women who find him attractive and he wants to bed as many as he can. Or he is gay.

Girls will do anything to get the guy they have their eyes on.

• If looks are the only thing he has to offer the girl isn't going to want to be around unless that's her main requirement. What type of guy is he like, how does he speak to women

• I think he is the typical strong silent type - which is why he has this kind of problems. Like, when you meet him he will not immediately open up and burst out with with and charm and seduction. He's the kind of guy who doesn't mind sitting by himself at a party if he doesn't know anyone, until his friends arrive. Another example, we became friends because we share similar interests, not because we started chatting in a pub.

• I think his main issue is, because he is reserved, he thinks his good looks will be enough to draw the girls in, and he doesn't have to dance around with words. Hmm I wouldn't say that's necessarily a bad thing - he is who he is and he is doing pretty well for himself outside of dating. As the girls pointed out, maybe he just needs to meet more girls with similar interests so he opens up a bit more.