At what age as a kid did you stop going trick or treating?

a question just for fun! I think my last year was 7th grade after that I felt too old or big to go, I remember going in 7th grade because my friend begged me to cause she was taking her little brother and we decided to just wear masquerade masks and take a bag along too, and actually some parents were mean to me, calling me too old to go trick or treating, one guy called me 'mommy' like oh the mommy is going trick or treating too...i think cause I'm a tall girl so at 12 years old I was tall =/ don't know but after that I never went. ha ha how about u?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was 13 or 14 the last time I went, and we started early and hit the entire area. The best part was that we ended up hitting several houses about 10:30pm, and they hadn't had any kids for a while, so they emptied their entire candy bowls into our bags. This happened 3 or 4 times, and one of them had some really good stuff.

It was nice to go out on top...

What Guys Said 9

• I never went trick or treating.

• Maybe 12.

• Whoa! Same. I stop trick or treating when I was 11 because by then I was already 5'7 so I felt pretty awkward since most kids in my neighborhood were pretty short. I was also the only Dracula so I stood out pretty much haha.

• ~13 about the same time as you said. it just seemed dumb for me to go at that age. trick or treating is something for little kids.

• after elementary school

• 25

• When got into junior high

• 15, but we went out for tricks not treats.

• 22

What Girls Said 7

• In my state they basically make it illegal and shameful to go out past a certain age.

I went until I was 14. Technically however I went when I was 15 but like I said you're shunned at a certain point so I stopped (plus all the candy is going to the church instead of the houses) so I just went home, ate pizza, and called it a night. Since then it's been pizza and soda at the home with the fam.

I think kids should stop at 14-15 ha ha then it's time to make big kid plans :)

• I only went once when I was a kid. I was 4, and I never went again until I was 8 or 9 when my nephew was born and I would go with my sister and her friends. Since then, I kept dressing up until I was 15. People werent so generous anymore so I stopped. I felt too old. I would still like to trick or treat if the people werent so rude. :(

• I stopped about three years ago, so at fifteen. I was already probably too tall (and older looking) at 12, for most peoples' liking but meh, I still felt young enough to go. Now I really like seeing all the little kids coming to the door, in their adorable costumes.

• I was 12 as well, I was done and felt too old to go.

• I was 26. Everyone thought I was still a teenager. But of course I went with kids. When I was 25 and 26, I trick or treated in NJ where two of my friends live. So of course their neighbors don't know me and they thought I was younger.

• What do you mean when did I stop?

• I think my last year trick-or-treating was at 14 years old, though I missed a couple of years before that because I didn't have a group of people my age to go with.