Why do guys mostly hit on me when I look bad?

I realized I get more attention on my "bad looking"days than I do on my good looking days.

For example 2 days ago,I got maybe 4/5 hours sleep,I wore no makeup (under eye bags, and some hyperpigmentation from old pimples), and I threw my hair up in a ponytail. I wore a simple black shirt and Jeans with boots. The only thing I did that was kind of cute is wear earrings.

That day 4 guys talked to me.

Yesterday,I got more sleep and had extra time to get ready. I styled my hair (flat ironed the texture out), wore makeup (I did a daytime shimmery smokey eye and pinkish gloss), wore mascara that makes my lashes look super long, and did my nails and every thing. none talked to me.

This happens a lot. On the days I look a hot mess I get more attention than the days I look very nice. Other girls are saying the same thing. Can men explain why?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some men are insecure, they think that you present less value when you look like a hot mess - meaning you're more likely to react well to their advances.

If you're all dressed up, you present higher value. Meaning some men will be intimidated.

1|0
    0|0
    • Would you say its better for a girl to dress up so she can attract higher value men?

• Some guys may not appreciate me saying this, but yeah!

For sure! You choose who you want, step it up. Never feel as if you're settling.

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Some of us really find ponytails exciting. And we are turned off by a lot of glowing and shimmery makeup. So there you are.

Also, jeans with boots by themselves are a turn on. ANd that does't work with a lot of makeup. Some of us are so discerning about the ensemble coordinating well!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Ur trying 2 hard on yourself. You obviously look better w/o makeupp. Go natural.

1|0
    0|0