How can I make myself shorter?:(

Hi:( I'm 16 and I hate being tall. I wish I was shorter like 5'2:(. I'm 5'11 or maybe 6ft now because I know I got taller because everyone around me has gotten smaller:( I'm already self conscious with my face and now that I'm getting bigger its getting to me.:( Yes it helps in the sports I play but I wanna be shorter. Everyone always has to point it out when I go somewhere or they automatically think I play bball(I do playbball(varsity since freshmen year) but that's not the point) I wanna be that cute(I'm not I'm just saying) short girl not that ugly tall amazon. So how can I shrink myself if possible or how can I appear shorter. Even in flats everyone notices:* Or why should I just embrace it?

Most Helpful Girl

• My advice would be to embrace and love your height. You can either be one of those awkward tall people who try to appear shorter so they bend their shoulders and look weird or you can be one of those majestic, elegant tall women that magically attract attention wherever they go (think Charlize Theron and Kate Middleton and the beautiful, feminine way they carry their height). Enjoy your tallness. Stand straight and proud. Don't think about the perceived advantages of being short, think about all the great things that come with your height. Long legs. Elegance. Model height. Clothes looking better on you. The more you learn to love your looks, the more people around you will pick up on that vibe. Insecurity is not attractive but feeling good in your body is. I have a friend who is your height and she turns heads wherever she goes. She has more men asking her out than any other girl I know... But she totally likes her height and she's making the best of it. There's no reason why you couldn't do that too.

• But your friend is probably gorgeous:(. I think one of my main problems is that I'm ugly:( being tall just adds to it. If I was pretty it would maybe be a different story:(

• not really:( anytime I try to talk about people shut me out and think I'm just being dumb and wasting there time. so now I'm closed up and won't say anything to anyone

• Wow that sucks. If you feel really bad, maybe you could call a crisis hotline. I know it doesn't seem so now, but all of this will make you stronger and will become just a memory and you'll move on into happier times.

What Guys Said 4

• I agree with parkway. I've always wanted to be taller. Being 5'8 isn't too bad, but if I was taller I KNOW FOR A FACT girls would like me more. It's something I can't change, so I don't beat myself up about it. I think you should feel the same way.

• Get over it. Just think how a short woman feels. You at least have an excellent view and can look very good in most of your clothes.

• You don't stop it.

Tall doesn't equal ugly, stop caring about it.

A friend of mine is around 6'9. Tall as tall can be.

She pulls it off really well because she owns it.

Totally stunning.

• I don't get why any woman would want to be short. I, and most of my friends, always go for tall chicks. They are just so feminine and attractive with their long legs and regal beauty. Also, being short doesn't make a girl cute. I know a lot of short chicks who are anything but. My girlfriend is tall and she's the cutest girl ever. Cuteness is in your behavior, your face, your gestures... NOT in your height.

• Yea after reading the answers am realizing that it's because I'm ugly:(

What Girls Said 3

• Hey! I used to feel the same way when I was younger! I am 5'10 (without heels) and proud of it! I stand out everywhere I go! Their is no way you'll get shorter so just learn to love yourself and flaunt your gorgeous long legs! ;) Trust me, when you get older you'll understand what I mean. I love my height! :)

• I'm 11 and im 5'2 my BFF is 4'10 so it makes me look really tall. the tallest person in the class is 5'3 but it is a boy who Is not cute. I don't know what to do I fell weird and like I don't fit in plus I should be in 6th but I am in 5th so that also is hard I have a cupple friend that r tall but I am still tall I don't have sibling but I am that kind is person that like being smaller its in my personality but I don't know what to do everyone say there will be a lot of tall cute boys in 6th and up. I just really want a natural way to make my self stop growing I just want to be 5'2 for the rest of my life.

• I'm really short and it annoys me... Just saying...