My hair is falling out!

i went to my doctors. my blood work is normal. my hair keeps getting thinner and thinner though. I'm a 20 year old girl. why is this?!?! how can I stop it from happening and regrow my full head of hair again!?!?

i have virgin hair - never been dyed
and I eat at OK diet..mostly meat and fruit

Most Helpful Girl

• It is falling out rapidly? Or gradually?

I've always had thinnish hair. But it was definitely thicker when I was younger. It doesn't bother me as much anymore; I just do my hair in a way that it's flattering for me. Like, I know I'm never going to have long, thick gorgeous hair so I keep it short and sweet and it looks awesome. Plus, I use a great volumizing shampoo (Nioxin, System 1). This is different from regular volumizing shampoo that you find in drug stores because it is completely effective (you can find it on eBay or Amazon). Once I wash my hair with it (using the complete system--shampoo, conditioner, sebum), my hair feels much thicker and looks bigger. You can also top it off with Thicker Fuller Hair hair gel (all natural ingredients and keeps your hair very thick and in place for the whole day).

Hair usually doesn't regrow (unless this is very RAPID hair loss and there's a medical reason behind it); I think it could be genetics.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• Go to your OBGYN... if you are on birth control the hormones can mess with your hair... also natural hormones can do the same thing... but again your OBGYN would help you more than your doctor would. My hair went from stick straight to curly almost overnight... and I gained a cup size. My doctor told me the changes were normal. I checked with my hairdresser and she told me to go to my OB... I needed to start a new birth control... my hormones were out of wack... but she also told me that hair goes though cycles. So go to your stylist or your OB or both. My husband lost his hair when he was allergic to a pain pill... so there are a lot of causes, but if nothing has changed... go with the most obvious.

• I'm not on birth control and my doctor said my hormones were normal..she said it's possible that I suffered trauma 3 months ago which is why a lot of my hair is dying off now, but it'll regrow?

• That is good to hear. I lost a lot of hair after I had my daughter... but it all grew back and was normal within a few months.

• are you a vegetarian?

• Nope...:( see its pretty worrisome

• is your hair over-processed?

• Hair grows in cycles. Some have longer cycles and some have shorter ones. If you've never experienced this, it might be that you actually have,but several years ago and not to this extent.

No products, coloring, bleaching or heating tools affect the hair follicle, so even if you didn't have 'virgin hair', it wouldn't affect it.

I don't know your history but from what I read I'd def say it's the growth cycle and nothing to worry about :)

• It could be that you've put a lot of dye in it, so don't dye your hair so much. Try buying the shampoos that make your hair strong and eat healthy.

• Are you stressed out? Stress can lead to hair falling out or extreme breakage?

• Use vitamins that promote Natural hair regrowth like Reloxe.

• need to take vitamins.

• get your hormone levels checked..