What makes a girl look high maintenance?

I've been told by a few guy friends that I "look" high maintenance. I'm definitely not! I'm pretty laid back and get along with guys better. So my question is what does a high maintenance girl look like?

To me it's obvious things...excessive makeup (fake eyelashes extensions etc.) and wearing heels to the beach. I don't do these things so what are more subtle signs?

0|0
3|5

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the clothes she wears and if she acknowledges that she only wears prada and louis vuitton or another major designer clothing.and nothing else. That states for sure she is high maintenance.

How she looks like, well they are always well groomed and always have well put on make up and manicured nails.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• A haughty sneer on her lips, #1.

#2, she has a really complicated, obviously difficult-to-manage hair style.

#3, she scans around with her eyes constantly.

#4. Blank stare,as if she didn't see you, if she catches yu looking her over.

3|0
    0|0
  • Tube-tops, cell-phone camera self portraits, asking questions like this...

0|0
    0|0
  • link if she is holding this "nifty" little purse.

0|0
    0|0
  • a woman who is usually good-looking, and goes to great lengths to maintain or enhance her appearance by looking in the mirror too much.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Probably not a specific look but it could be an attitude. Do you make a face if something "weird" or something to your taste is happening? My sister dresses very low key but if we're dining at a place up to her standards, she cannot hide the distaste on her face. You probably don't realize it (a lot of girls don't) but you could probably be walking around when an angry or stuck-up look (not intentionally!) on your face without even realizing it.

Not sure if that helped but here ya go

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe it is if you get your nails, eyebrows & hair done ( they always look almost perfect).

Attitude.

What you wear (includes accessories, purse & shoes).

Everything into consideration.

Do you always look dolled up ?

Have people ever seen you without make up & wearing sweats ?

That is what I would think high maintenance is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's a bad thing

But a HM person has high standards and looks good.she'll do her hair, visit the salon, take care if her appearance and pamper herself

0|0
    0|0