Girls, please help!!! It's driving me crazy, I look pregnant :/

Okay, so I'm 16 and suffer from bloating, especially around the time just before my period and during ovulation. My stomach is never totally flat but sometimes it gets so bad I look about 4 months pregnant :( I just loose confidence and want to cover up in the baggiest clothing I can find which isn't like me, I have a fairly healthy diet with fruit, veg, salad, pastas, meat etc. I will admit I have a love of crisps and do eat then quite a lot, could that be making it worse? Also I suffer with sore throat a lot cos my mouth gets really dry so I drink a lot (not alcohol much though)Please, I need advise. It's getting to me. I'm single atm and want a boyfriend but I feel so self conscious about it. It makes me want to stay in until it passes.

Aw and I'm not fat. I'm size 10-12 and I'm 5'7 so I doubt if that's the problem. I'm not into sport but do a fair bit of walking.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys aren't likely going to be overly bothered by this, and if you get to know them a bit better, and let them know that this is a specific problem you deal with, they'll totally understand.

And, yes, the crisps (what we call chips) you eat are contributing to the problem, because they have a lot of salt, and anything that increases your salt intake will cause you to retain more water. You need *some* salt to survive, but salty snacks have tons of salt and aren't helping this issue for you. Find ways to reduce your salt intake, and you should see some improvement.

What Guys Said 2

• Cut out pastas, or any grain. Eat only real meat that has never been refined, and yes; stop eating crisps or any potato chip. Also if yo[u continue to get sore throats then because your not getting iodine in your diet, get your parents to buy some sea vegetables (kelp, dulse, nori), and some iodized salt. Your diet should be meat, fish, fowl, eggs, avocados, olives, plants, and vegetables in bulk. Roots, tubers, stems, fruits, berries, and nuts in moderation. Don't eat grains of any kind( bread, pasta, rice), no legumes ( peanuts,any type of beans, and any soy products),

No junk food( your potato chips or any other processed garbage with a label),

and no sweets such as candy. Dark chocolate that is 70% and higher is exceptionable.

• If you don't mind my asking, how much do you weigh?

• Not at all, Just under 10 stone I think.

• yup, a few of them look a bit like my body shape :)

• Then I don't think you have anything to worry about. They all look great.

What Girls Said 1

• That must be awkward... try drinking peppermint tea and eating yogurt during your times of bloat.

Both should help ease your gut and reduce bloat. :)