Why do women wear thick beautiful make-up when they would look so different when not wearing any?

I see a lot of women wear thick beautiful make-up (almost like bridal make-up with foundation,eyeliner,false eyelashes etc) practically everyday but they look so different on days when they aren't wearing any.

For example,I once bumped into a friend on the street who wears thick beautiful make-up everyday and she wasn't wearing any that day.It took me quite a few seconds before I could confirm that it was her and she must be wondering why I didn't acknowledge her immediately when I saw her.

I don't think that this is a good thing,right?What do you think?Thanks beforehand for all inputs.The best answer would be selected.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't think its a good thing either because they are giving off a false presentation of who they are.

I can't tell you how many times I see guys compliment a womans beauty.

If only they knew that if they wiped off the layers of make up she'd look nothing like

what they thought.

Trying to look great with make up is a good thing.

I believe someone should wear beautiful make up (such has you described), on special occasions.

But when you wear make up like that every day , there should be no surprise that people will not recognize you without it.

Not just that it would only be natural for one to compare how great she looks with it, or how must worse she looks without it.

I believe in wearing very natural make up, so you give people an idea of how you look without it.

So when you do wipe it off, there's really not much of a difference and they can still recognize you!

• So, to answer your question. I think women wear tons of make up because they believe it makes them look great (in some cases it does). When they do walk around with very little they are probably hoping not to bump into anyone they know. Because think about it, if you wear heavy make up constantly, to be without it you'd feel naked. This is how they must feel.

• Ty for ba :)

What Guys Said 3

• I can't stand lots of makeup on women. The most minimal amount possible is best. I think a lot of women feel pressured to put lots of makeup on thinking it will make them more beautiful when in fact they would look much better without all that crap on. Conversely many women don't look as good without makeup so they feel like they have to hide behind this new face and then they get angry when guys see them without makeup and they don't find her as attractive.I don't care how attractive a woman is, if she's hiding behind a face full of gunk, why can't she be comfortsble shwoing who she really is? Not to mention a lot of womans makeup is laced with really bad chemicals.

• Beats me...I hate it...but I never dated females like that anyway...(:(:(:

• Bad bad choice to do that and it is the competition between women that makes them wear it

What Girls Said 5

• I only play with eye liner so I look almost exactly the same with or without. I think some girls apply a lot simply because they enjoy the heavy look versus thier natural one.

Some men don't like it but I don't think it's horrible. Too much of ANYthing can be scary though. Lol.

• I like makeup.simple as that.

• Yes you're right. Personally I don't wear ANY makeup; I don't think I need it. Maybe when I'm older and I start to feel grey and saggy, I'm 18 so I have a long way. Actually wearing too much make up is bad for you're skin it causes wrinkles, and your skin looses its natural glow.

• Because they can

And all guys see is an attractive girl or unattractive girl, not the makeup

• I wonder the same thing sometimes. My one friend wears a LOT of makeup...very heavy on the eyes. I once saw her without any (she was embarrassed that I did) and she looked absolutely gorgeous and I told her so. She's very insecure, so I'm sure that's why she piles on the makeup. It's sad that a lot of girls do so to cover up what they really look like, especially when they'd look so much better without it.