Guys, does height play a role in attraction?

Do you prefer girls who are short? Or girls who are closer to your height? I'm personally only 5'3 and every guy I know calls me shortie and comments on my height... -_- I honestly have a love hate relationship with being short

• Shorties :)
  • Same height (or taller) idk
  • It doesn't matter!!!!! *sigh*
Thanks everyone :) you've helped me a lot :) If I could, I'd give you all best answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm six foot one.

i wouldn't mind at all if a girl were my height, a little taller, or even much shorter (like five foot 2).

what matters more is her body type, her hair, eyes, face, etc.

overall, I'd prefer a girl who isn't too tall or isn't too short, but as long as they aren't freakishly tall or under 5 feet, I don't mind shorter girls.

What Guys Said 5

• Guys usually don't care about a girl's height but that actually translates to "I want a girl that is shorter than me but I'll still date one who is my height of slightly taller.". Most guys do not want their girlfriend to be significantly taller. Though, it doesn't play nearly as an important role as it does with females.

• I do like shorter or petite girls.5'3 is tiny but I know a lot of girls who were small and I thought were really cute.

It's not like I'm going to be attracted to every girl that is really short or average height. Just depends on if I like her or not.

• It really doesn't matter to me. I admit that I want someone shorter or same height as me (6'2"), and not ridiculously short, but aside from that height is not something I care about. Even in those cases it's not usually a deal breaker.

• for a girl its no problem. in countries south of the us border, that is just about average height for women

• The shorter the better. A lot of tall girls look manly, especially if they have broad shoulders. Any girl that is taller than me or is wide just looks like a dude with a woman's face. It just turns me off. Give me short, petite and thin over tall, wide and chunky.

What Girls Said 5

• From what I've noticed, really tall guys tend to go for shorties -- or at least for girls who are real shorties compared to them.

You're not short, you're cute and petite and tall girls will always hate you for being irresistible to a pack of hunks. Don't stress out about it, Missy!

• My boyfriend is 6'5 and I am 5'4 and according to him, he loves it. I'm not sure why exactly...but hey, not complaining.

• Awe that's so cute! x)

• I'm only 5'2 lol...I feel you!

My little sister is taller than me, all my girl friends are taller than me, even my 12-year-old cousin is taller than me...

I sometimes look at these models who are 6 feet or a bit less, and just sigh sadly. I kinda like being short sometimes, but I feel like most guys like taller women. I think that when a girl is taller, its an advantage also because if a girl who is 5'7 puts on 5 or 10 pounds, it would look fine in comparison to a girl my height.

Also, its really difficult to find jeans as they're always 5 inches past my foot...

:)

• You're like my twin! lol, I feel the exact same way

• Well I'm like a foot shorter than my guy(i'm about 5'5 1/2 and he is 6'5) and he thinks it's adorable how short I am! ^_^ and I LOVE how tall he is, it makes me feel super tiny and feminine and also I can still wear my really high heels and still be a ton shorter than him and that's good for both of us! :D

• glad to see some guys like tall girls!

im 6'4'' so its good to know lol :P