How do I deal (Internally and externally) with being below average height? (5'7")

Title explains the gist of it. I'm 18, and likely don't have any more growing to do. It's the only real insecurity that bothers me so incessantly. So I come to you guys, asking how I can cope with it both in my own mind and to others (Girls who prefer taller guys).

The more I read up on it the more guys my height seem to complain about not being able to date successfully, it's very demoralizing.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's this guy I know. I'm 5'7" and he's maybe a couple inches shorter than me so about 5'5"? I thought I would never be able to see him as attractive because I already feel inadequate as a relatively taller girl and so I usually look for men who are taller than me. He used to talk about how often he got dates with women, and I knew he often got the interest of younger, relatively attractive girls. I was a bit surprised to be honest. Then I started hanging out with him - his sense of humour is great, he's very outgoing and smart and witty, and that overblown, really attractive personality definitely took away any care about height. Now I can understand why he has no trouble in the dating world.

Of course everyone will say that if they love someone then height doesn't matter, but when you ask your question I think you're probably thinking that getting that first interest is the hard part because of the impression you make. My advice is to really sharpen up your banter. If you're really fun to talk to and can present your great personality successfully, you can overcome any conventional "shortcomings" pretty easily.

What Girls Said 6

• Some girls prefer blond hair

some prefer brown

some girls like brown eyes

others like blue

some girls like rich guys

some girls don't care.

some girls like short hair

some girls like long

(I love long hair)

some girls like tall guys

and some girls like short guys.

It's all about preference and finding the girl who's right for you. (she'll probably be a shorter girl.)

I'm 5'0" and I have dated both tall and short guys, and to be honest my preference is anywhere from 5'8 to 5'9.

For me, dating a guy your height wouldn't even be a thing to me. I doubt I'd even think about it at all.

• I'm really short (like 5') and you would seem tall to me haha. Most of my girl friends are about my height as well. My ex was 5' 11" which was nice but it is a pretty tall. If a guy was great I wouldn't care about his height, I would still date him.

• I've dated plenty of shorter guys (I'm 5'6" and some of them were even a bit shorter than me) It really doesn't hurt my feelings lol Have some confidence man!

• I had the opposite problem. I am 5'10" and I always was getting picked on for being taller and I had a hard time finding a guy who was either taller or didn't care that I was taller. The only way I got over it was to realize there is absolutely nothing I could do about it and eventually I would find someone with whom height wasn't an issue. And I did. Not the best advice per say, but just speaking from experience.

Ans 5'7" is NOT short at all. I know tons of hot girls 5'0"-5'6"

• I'm only 5'2 and I wouldn't mind dating someone who is 5'7. Just remember, there are short girls out there! :)

• I've dated guys of all sizes. 6 ft tall to 5'4. (I'm 5'2 with no chance of getting taller). If a woman is genuine and secure, height probably won't matter much. I wouldn't use it to judge how you dating life is going to be. If you act confident with who you are, that's probably what they are going notice more. Confidence makes a guy incredibly attractive, no matter what shortcoming he believe's he has. And honestly 5'7 isn't that bad.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm exactly 5'7" and I'm doing perfectly fine with that. Also, I'm not single, and I've pretty much found the greatest person in the world. Yay!

Accept your height for what it is, it's not like you're getting taller. Not to mention, your height is perfectly fine. I should know, I have the same :P

• If it's any help, I'm 6 or 6'1

and I've been intimidated by guys shorter than me, you don't have to be tall to be attractive bro.

• There are many girls below 5'7".

• Doesn't translate to not only dating taller guys, I know from experience.

• It comes down to confidence man.. people can sense your vulnerabilities. I know plenty of guys your height who date successfully.

• You can take Human Growth Hormone and you will likely get taller. I know people who added a few inches to their height by using it along with muscle mass.