Why do guys judge a girl by her clothes? if we did the same then 80% of the men on earth wouldn't be "datable"

I wear dresses and nice shoes because I adore them and never ever for men. I don't understand why I should wear sneakers and hoodies to make guys perceive me as girlfriend matrial or a "nice girl". It feels hella uncomfortable for me to wear that stuff and I feel like I'm not being me anymore.

So why is it that guys think just because a girl is into fashion it means she must be stuck up, a whore, stupid and what not?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like to know how you know what is going on inside the male brain.

• I usualky know it when they say they wanna have sex with me

• What does that have to do with what clothing you are wearing? Are you wanting to be seen as "girlfriend material"?

• yes I want that. and I feel like guys who want relationships always go for the hoodies-girls and guys who want to get laid get with feminine girls

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• Keep being you, because you cannot live pretending to be someone else (which I respect you for that). The only thing is, depending on the girl she can be perceived as being high maintenance.

• I can't even tell if a girl is into fashion, I don't judge based on clothes mostly because I don't notice what kind of clothes most girls wear.

I think the only time I will is if she shows up under dressed to a formal occasion, or if on a first date she put no effort into her appearance. The only reasons then is that she's indicating that she doesn't want to be there. That being said, it's still only an impression that could be countered quite easily.

• No guy thinks that. We love women that take care of them selves and wear nice clothing. I would never date a girl that wears sweat pants and hoodies all day that's a tom boy.

• Who told you that? Erroneous!

• I like quality clothes on women cause it shows that they care about their appearance.

• If a girl wears expensive stuff all the time, guys will think she's hard to get and it will be harder to live up to her standards.

• Not expensive clothes. You can also look chic with stuff from h&m!

• Doesn't matter. If she looks too put together, that's what guys will think.

What Girls Said 1

• you don't need that type,they are obviously insecure,the right guy will see how beautiful you are and love what you wear..dont worry about the dumb arsses