I'm a first time buyer and I am not sure what I should look for?

I'm looking for a street bike, but I am not sure what to look for in one. As a first time buyer I thought this bike looked pretty good... What is some advice? Are there any problems with this bike that I may have over looked? link

What Guys Said 2

• Yep, you've overlooked the most important part of choosing a bike... does it fit you? Can you reach the ground from the seat? Can you easily get on it? Is it comfortable? Can you easily operate all the controls... some clutch levers are really stiff. You need to go to a shop and test out its fit before getting your hopes up about it.

• If its brand new, you'll only need to know proper engine break in procedures, otherwise there aren't going to be any noticeable problems with it.

I have an '08 Ninja 250 and it's an awesome first bike. There will be some people who advocate starting smaller (like this one) and others who say it doesn't matter. But experiencing first hand, smaller does help shorten the learning curve a lot. The 300 you're looking at is a new line that has a little more torque and top end than what my 250 has. It's also fuel injected instead of carbed like the earlier 250's.

All in all, it's an awesome bike that is great to pick up riding on. You won't regret getting it.

• thanks, that is really reassuring :)

• No problem. Ride safe and keep the rubber side down ;)

What Girls Said 0