What should I wear when I go out?

Today is my 21st birthday! (I don't drink AT ALL so it's not really THAT exciting) But I wasn't able to do anything tonight because I had class and I work at 7 a.m. tomorrow.. I'm going out this weekend, and I'm trying to figure out what to wear.

Admittedly, I'm not very good at picking out "going out" clothes, as I practically live in the gym. I was thinking a little black dress... Or should I try something flashier? And heels or no heels?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I say go with a cute dress, and a pair of heels or flats.

Go with a neutral-color pair of shoes so you can wear them with other "going out" outfits.

Have some fun with the picking out of the dress; just about any design/color is gonna be aiight to wear since it's casual. :)

What Guys Said 8

• Birthdays aren't little black dress occasions, usually. They are for oing out with friends and family, so no heels, and a sweater with tights and a sedate kind of skirt.

• Sweatpants and a gym shirt? Why not be comfortable when you go out?

A black dress sounds fine.

You don't have to answer, but I am going to ask. Why don't you drink?

• Guess I wear my gym clothes all the time. I gotta do something different. I don't drink because I let it get way out of hand when I was in my teens, so I quit almost a year ago. It sounds silly... But if you knew me before, you'd understand. ;D

• Except for that fact that some people aren't able to drink in moderation.

• And yes, after eleven months of sobriety, I would certainly regret it.

• black dress or navy

• Something form fitting (since you have a nice body) and casual

tight jeans, tight shirt, heels = win

• You should wear clothes

• Smartest thing I've heard all damn day.

• Skin tight jeans and high heels ;)

• Little black dress is always a nice choice. Not skin tight, keep it classy. Go for the heels. I'm the kind of guy that is attracted to a woman that knows how to blend sexy with tasteful. So if you're looking to turn heads, try to shoot in that direction.

• Black dress sounds mighty fine, and go heels too. It's your day, wear what makes you feel awesome!

What Girls Said 4

• Little black dress is always a winner.

Heels would go great, but only if you're comfortable with them. If not either don't bother, or take a pair of flats in your bag. No point ruining your night with sore feet.

Make sure it's something you're comfortable in. If you spend the entire evening in something you can't feel like 'you' in you won't enjoy yourself as much as you should.

If you want to be a bit more flashy, just accessorize. A statement necklace or something. There's no reason a little black dress can't look as good as something more glitzy. Sometimes less is more. I'm sure you'll look great.

• Wear the black dress.

Wear some fun accessories with it has well.

Like a necklace, or bracelets.

That's good enough!

If you're not the flashy type don't try to be someone you aren't.

Wear heels with it.

• lil black dress, sexy but not too much and with sexy heels..

and put some make up but not too much :)

it is good to wear something different or new in your birthday!;)

• Personally, I hate flashy stuff so the LBD would go fine with heels but if your dancing you might want to bring extra flats in a clutch. :D