Girls, honest answer: is 5"7 (170 cm) too short for you?

I'm 18 and only 5"7, is that enough to be considered attractive? A lot of girls talk about being "protected" by men, can I ever give you that feeling? (Even if I'm strong; not bulky though).

And at what height are girls turned off by me? I've heard that might height might be perfect for a girl who's 4"9 or 5"0. But honestly I'm not really attracted to girls of that height. (Ironic, I know). I prefer girls the same height as me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Current boyfriend is 6'2, but my last boyfriend was 5'7. So while I prefer taller, it's not a make it or break it kind of thing.

• Ok, what's your height? Also, how much does it really matteR?

• Don't know anything about him, but I did a Google search, and yea, his body is fine. Don't particularly care for his face though.

And thanks for BA! :)

I personally don't like tall guys, I'm attracted to guys that are 5'6- 5'9... even 5'9 is a little big for me I like small to average guys!

What Girls Said 13

• 5'7 would be a great height for me :) Height doesn't really matter to me (my boyfriend's 6 foot) but I do prefer guys around 5'7 - 5'9. I'm only 5'2, so taller guys aren't really that great for me :)

• Well, I'm between 5'4" and 5'5". My fiance is 5'7.5" and I love him. He is sooo manly, adequate muscle mass and a very handsome face. I had a boyfriend who was very much taller than me, around 6 ft and hugging him was awkward, just too much work and I'm not ready to break my neck to hug a guy just so people will say my boyfriend is tall. When I hug my fiance, my head just rests on his shoulder and that's where it should be! If we kiss, every part of our body aligns perfectly, He only has to bend his neck slightly. And depending on the size of my heel, when I wear them, he is only a few centimeters taller or we are the same height... I really do not understand the craze about height... When I met my fiance, I honestly didn't think he was short until he mentioned it, and that was when I started comparing. I just thought he was average and it meant nothing to me. He Loves me and shows it to me, the way he treats me and the friendship we have built is stronger than the ties a guy's height will buy. If a break up is imminent in a relationship, a girl won't be thinking "will I ever find a guy as tall as Mr. X" at least I won't.. She'll think more in the line of "Will I ever find another guy who will love and respect me as Mr. X did".

• My boyfriend is about 5'8 and so is my dad. I've always crushed on tall 6'0 guys but honeslty it doesn't matter. I'm 5'3 and my mom is 5'6 or 5'7 and she feels protected around my dad. I feel very protected around my boyfriend. I think most girls don't care as long as you're not shorter. You sound like you're average height and honestly I know guys who kept growing up until they were 21.

• Some girls don't like "shorter guys". I think 5'7 is fine, and I wouldn't even call it "short". I wouldn't worry if I were you.

• I'm 5"4 so your height quite alright to me :) But yeah, loads of girls talks about being protected and so. I think I could get that feeling. I think it's just superfacial really, because it's all about how you are on the inside. I've got two advices for you:

1. No girls are the same, so don't take our answers like it's the only right thing.

2. If you're with a girl smaller thank you like 5"5 or under, I can't see the problem :)

• I am 5'3 and I dated guy who was 5'6.I think your height is average,not that short.

• That's nice :-). I don't really consider myself very short either, it's just that I feel pretty unmanly when amongst 6+ footers.

• Oh Lord, you're perfect! I'm exactly your height and I feel that short guys would never like a girl like me. You just gave me hope for the future. I hope there are more men like you out there. Thank you!!!

On second thought, did that sound a bit creepy?

• honestly your height is in the Average but ii prefer 5 7 guy

• Thats very tall

• Honestly? Yes

• I'm 5'6 and the guy I like is 5'7.. and another guy I've liked in the past wass 5'7. It seems to me that I either like guys my height or tall like 6'4. But I think its more because of personality and chemistry. So height doesn't matter. I'm more comfortable with guys my height for some reason, less intimidating I guess.. as long as they don't mind me wearing heels.

• I don't think you have anything to worry about. I live in an area where people are taller than in the U.S. and 5'7 is average, not tall, for a girl. And even with that, I don't see guys your height having problems finding girls, because it's not about the height. Sure, some guys are tall and it's a plus. But other guys have beautiful eyes, and other have great sense of humor. Work with whatever you've got going for you and don't worry about height. The only thing that would be an actual hindrance would be if you became too insecure or bitter about not being tall because insecurity drives people away.

• I come from a family that breeds tall men. I live in a community where the tall dutch gene is dominant. My father and most of my uncles are 6'0-6'4. My male cousins are all 6'0-6'5. One of my uncles is 6'8. My grandfathers were both 6'0. The shortest full grown man in my family is 5'9 and he married into it.

I believe my family conditioned me to find tall men attractive as I had only been around tall guys throughout my childhood. My current boyfriend is 6'5. He fits in well with my family.

Bringing someone short into our family would be odd. I feel as though he'd feel out of place among the men. And women. All my aunts, and female cousins,even my mother are all 5'8-6'0. I got the freak gene from my really short (5'0) grandmother and it made me 5'4. I am the smallest in my family.

As for your want to protect a girl...your height isn't so much the protection factor as your personality/attitude is.

• Ok :) thx for reply

• I'm just wondering. How does this answer his question? You only stated your family heights and it just makes no sense as I don't think it helps the poster in any way

What Guys Said 4

• Allot of girls just like dating a guy who is taller then them. 5'7 is above average for most girls so you're fine. The majority of girls who do factor height into account will still give a little room if you're only a bit shorter then them.

The only other factor I would take into consideration if I were you would be that you're 5'7. A girl who is taller then you is tall by female standards. It's likely that they have more insecurities about dating a shorter man, which only stands to exemplify her own height, decreasing your odds.

• Hi , I'm a guy with a back injury. When my posture is good I'm 172cm on a bad day 169cm on average about 170cm the rehab team keeps records. Any way it all depends on the girl I've dated 2 girls that have been around 175cm like I'm their height on tip toes. 1 girl would always tell me about it the other didn't seem to care. End of the day though I was tall enough for them to date me in the first place. I like girls around my height or slightly shorter. My x GF was 155cm or 5'1and like you although it maybe perfect the height it didn't feel right and I would worry that if we had a son he would be shorter than 5'7 being from a place where about 178 -181cm is the average male height for teenagers these days I could not let the chance of a child male being that short compared to his peers. And current GF is 171cm 5'7 1/2 . It's only when you're worried about your height that it becomes an issue. Be confident , use your hair don't have it flat or shaved a bit of bounce in your hair can add 1/2 an inch or even 1 inch if you style it. And while it may not be your height it will give the illusion that you're 1/2 -1 inch taller might give you a bit more confidence too and avoid flat shoes with a thin sole pick a good shoe that will add an inch rather than a shoe that only add 1cm. If you have poor posture hire a trainer bad posture can contribute to height loss too.

• Speaking from experience, I'm about 5'7. My girlfriend is 5'6.

I rarely meet women who are taller than me, and I think as long as you're not shorter than them, most women don't really care that much about height.

• For some girls it will be, for most it won't be. Come on, Prince is a sex symbol, and he's f***ing tiny!