Is there anyway I could shrink myself?

Like a surgery or pills idk. I am 5'8 and I hate it. Short girls have all the advantage! They get to be considered cute and get picked up by guys and look adorable in clothing. It sucks. not to mention more guy options, there are like no advantages to being a tall girl. And I hate it! I would really like to be 5'4-5'5. That's the cute height. Is there anything I could do to change my height?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not just saying this to make you feel better, but 5'8-5'9 is my ideal height for a girl. I'm 6'5 and I don't really date girls shorter than 5'7 because it feels awkward to me.

It's not true there aren't any advantages to being tall (although 5'8 is more like tallish side of average where I live): long legs, elegance, model looks, looking better in clothes, and lets face it, having a tall girl by your side looks better than being with a 4'11 girl.

Being cute has nothing to do with height, it's about the face, behavior and a vibe a girl gives off. My girlfriend is 5'9 and she's the sweetest, cutest, most feminine girl ever.

If you're from the U.S. you'd be surprises that in some parts of Europe it's all about the tall girls, short ones are not considered desirable at all (no offense to anyone, I'm just telling it like it is).

• Well I wanna move to Europe then lol. I'm from the southern part of the u.s and it seems like all the tall guys 6'0 and up want/date girls 5'6 and under. It's discouraging. Most girls here are short so I always stick out:/

• It's so strange for me to hear that because my friends and I always go for tall girls and all the short girls I know always complain about not being tall enough. I think you need to learn to carry your height with pride. There is a kind of regal beauty that only tall women can have, you just need to bring it out and enjoy it.

• I'm 173 cm (is that 5'8 - 5'9?) and can confirm that tall girls are up for grabs. It's all about the long legs. The amount of compliments I've received for my legs is astounding and my female friends envied me for being tall.

This might sound odd to someone from the states, but long legged tall chicks are the holy grail in the dating world here (not UK, though).

What Guys Said 21

• Hey, just wear tights with a short skirt, and you can get more attention than the short girls, every time.

Seriously, being cute is not such an advantage with guys. We can't see those short girls from a distance if other people are around, but we can spot you across a room much more readily.

All the most highly rated girls who go to our gym are on the tall side, just for example. We have a really advanced rating system at our gym.

• Obviously there is nothing out there to shrink yourself, BUT you should know that some studies show that taller women are more likely to get promoted on the job. :)

• They say people use to bind their feet to keep them small, but I figured the same rules could apply? L and that's cool, I do like the idea of getting promotions(:

• Height is mostly a genetic component, so you can't change that.

I'm 6'1" and two of my long-term girlfriends were 6'2" and 5'11". You're a shortie compared to them! I like both tall and short girls. They are different kinds of attractive to me, but I don't favor one over the other. In dating shorter girls can seem less intimidating to some guys, so as a taller girl, I'd say don't hesitate to initiate! You can still feel small if you get a guy taller than yourself. You just need to be more proactive in snagging yourself a taller man. As for the clothing, I'm sure there are some other tall girls on here that can give you some tips, or google around for tall girl fashion blogs. Love your tall frame just like little girls should love theirs.

• iam 5'8 id actually prefer to date a girl my height or taller. I think it'd be cool to be at the same eye level no bending or anything involved in order to kiss. or anything else for that matter.. so yeah be happy with your height and everything else about your body

• I barely notice the difference between 5'5" and 5'8".

In my world, 5'-5'4" is short, 5'5-5-9" is normal, 5'10+ is tall on a girl.

Hang around with taller guys.

My mother, sister, ex, wife are all 5'7-5'9". Seems a very ordinary height to me.

My daughters are on track to be much taller then you.

• This world needs more tall women! I love tall women, they look gorgeous. I'm pretty tall and a short girl doesn't cut it for me. Embrace what you got because you're one of the few, put on some high heels ;)

• When it comes to tall girls, being honest guys do feel intimidated coming onto a taller girl, but it doesn't mean that they find them less attractive. I'll admit that I have a sweet spot of a girl between the height of 5,4-5,8 but not because I find them cuter or more adorable. If your having trouble, try not to wear heels, wear cuter flatter shoes and you will get noticed, 5,8 is not that tall.

• Sorry for the delayed answer...i just found this site,thanks to your question...i understand how you feel. We've got the same height,but I'm a guy though...i would like to be shorter too. It's really a pain in the ass that this thing can be fixed easily like the weight. :(

• if your a guy who is 5'8 why would you wanna be shorter? and how short?

• that's the saddest thing above all. that you won't have a 2nd chance. :-(

• yep my only saving grace is that there are freakishly tall guys like 6'6-6'8 out there so when I stand next to them we look normal sized. its awesome.

• Take a really hot shower, and put yourself in a dryer on high heat.

• You could have your legs surgically shortened. In fact, I could do the procedure myself for $150.

• For what it's worth I think you're plenty cute the way you are.

• Since I'm 6'4 I don't see any disadvantages by being 5'8.

Besides, some guys want a woman and not some cute, adorable little bunny they can pick up.

Not saying that your length make you more or less of a woman, though.

• but what if I wanna be an adorable bunny? *sigh*

• what the usually height of a girl you date?

• 5'7 - 5'10

That has been the average. But height is not really an issue for me. I'd date a girl of any height.

• all those short girls would do anything to be as tall as you.

besides 5'8 is a good height.

if you were 6'4 or 6'6,then I would consider it fair to say "yeah lack of guy options"

but I personally think 5'8 is ideal height.

I get turned out by tall girls.

• 5'8 isn't that tall but then again I'm 6'2 so everybody's short in my eyes lol, but there are a lot of short girls out there that want to be as tall as you are, I can understand you probably wanna wear heels and that makes you way taller but hey u don't really need to wear them haha

• Lol...This makes me remember my teen years. I was like so tall in my school and thought of doing a surgery to get short...But now I'm totally cool with my height...I don't think 5'8" is too tall... If you have a good body, you'd look like a beautiful woman...And to be honest I find tall girls to be more innocent & cute looking most of the times. I personally couldn't care less about you being tall or short... You look pretty beautiful...so don't worry much about it!

• I dated a girl that was 6 foot tall some time ago. I loved the fact that she was taller than me, but and the end her insecurity over her height drove her to some really stupid behavior and it just didn't work out.

Don't worry about your height. You are much more attractive being tall than you know.

• Cut off a body part. But really tall chicks are hot.

• I'll call you cute, I'll pick you up right now if that makes you feel better...

Seriously tall girls are hot too

• Just be yourself. Then you'll be happy. I have crooked fingers from birth defects, slightly messed

up teeth, I'm hairy and skinny and I don't have as much muscle as where I'd like it.

But so what. I am who I am. And I'm very glad of being who I am because I am unique and no one can take that away from me.

Value yourself, stay the way you are. No need to alter yourself to be "cute" when you already are.

• Ever think it could be the mindset that's the problem?

• No, but sometimes a tall girl just means more of a good thing.

What Girls Said 18

• I'm not from America but guys in my area always say things like: "no matter how hot a short girl is, she'd be hotter if she were tall", "short girls only look good in pictures, but not in real life", and some downright insist that a girl can't be sexy if she isn't tall (these are not my opinions, I find all heights sexy so don't hate on me).

I've read an article in some women's magazine that said that tall girls are more likely to be princesses, first ladies and wives of rich men lol (well, if you think about Michelle Obama, Kate Middleton and late princess Diana it may be true haha). Seriously tho, I always thought 5'8 is such a great height, think about all the beautiful celebrities that are just as tall as you, such as Rihanna, Angelina Jolie, Katy Perry, Anna Kournikova, Kelly Brook, Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway, Evan Rachel Wood, Meg Ryan, Cassidy Freeman, Candice Accola, Kayla Ewell, Rachael Taylor, you can't say they're not hot.

• Awhh! You're fine just the way you are! I'd love to be taller... I was always super jealous of taller girls... I'm 5'4 with SUPER long legs(they're 80% of my body), and it looks weird because I'm fairly short. Now, if I were taller like you, they'd look elegant and modelesque.

Don't wish to change who you are... Learn to dress it up, and work it!

• I am 5'7 and have had the same problem. A lot of guys do seem to prefer the "cute" look and it bummed me out for a while. I got dumped for several times by guys who ended up with girls who were 5'3-5'4 and heard guys saying how manly and powerful it made them feel to be with a tiny girl. Of course, I was filtering out positive comments because I was so insecure about not being cute enough.

But you can't do much about it and it's pretty convenient to be able to reach things on tall shelves. My current boyfriend who is tall and muscular actually said he strongly preferred girls who were 5'6 or taller ... so you'll find a guy who appreciates your height. As far as fashion, there are lots of clothes that look good on taller girls -- just look through fashion mags and they usually have some cool ideas.

• I'm between 5'10" and 5'11", and there is not amount of wishing, hoping, or hitting yourself on the head that will shrink you.

I mean, there's a possibility that you could have intervertebral discs blow out and then you'll be short, but in pain all the time.

My advice? Stand tall and show off how sexy us tall girls can be.

I'd also like to point out that you have to be over (I think) 5'8" to be a model, so that's something short girls don't win.

And tall men don't have to bend in half to kiss you, and they like that. Trust me.

• I'm not a model though, so this height is useless, and my boyfriend just told me he loves bending down to kiss girls. So idk:/

• Ha well it's something we have to learn to deal with. My mom's 5'3" and can't reach things off of the top shelf in her kitchen, so be happy this will never happen to you.

As for the boyfriend, tell him he should hush.

• Really? I love tall girls! I wish I was taller!! eh you need to watch paradise kiss she was talll and beautiful!!

• 5 8 is pretty average. my family is tall. I never see someone 5 8 and think ww she's tall.

u can get your legs sawed off and reattached--im serious. doctors wanted to do that to even out my legs 2.5 inches from complications at birth. I didn't go for it obviously. but for HUGE amounts of money. pain and possible complications down the road.

you are healthy, two good limbs. ou can wear clothes that only look god on long bodies. if your boyfriend likes to bend down, have him stand on a coupe of hone books.

• I am 5"4 and it's nothing special plus you are really pretty! Lots of guys like tall girls anyway :)

• thax u, but I just feel like if I was your height I would be cuter. its hard to be considered cute when your tall

• well,there are probably Asian countries where they would be willing to shorten your bones or something (they break bones to make you taller,so why not this too) but that is just... ridiculously dangerous. and boo hoo,you get to be as tall as a model which most girls want-deal with it.

• Yeah I'd rather have the body of a model then the height. . .

• You can't have one without the other. The leg proportions and overall width/height ratios are dependent on the height. That's -why- models are all tall.

• No way to shrink your height.

• pssshhh I'm 5'8'' as well, its not that bad and personally coming from my short friends points of view I would argue being shorter sucks worse.

Some advantages:

being able to see over people in a crowd or at the movie theater

showin off sexy long legs

being able to reach something on the top shelf

some sports

and other things

• That sounds really ridiculous that you are ignored. :P You need to move somewhere new where all the hot tall guys will notice you.

• Maybe you could limit your intake of eggs, milk, chicken, beef etc. They help with outpr growth and maybe limiting your intake of protein could shrink you? Not sure though. But holding something above you and having weights around your legs might shrink you down but I am not so sure.
    You will be amazed how many girls I know would be jealous of your height. I am only around 5'2 at most and compared to my midget of a friend, I am still taller-but only by a little. But you can be a model, you are almost the height needed after all~ ;)

• Why would you rather be cute than sexy?

• being sexy isn't wanna of my strong suits considering I'm a huge nerd.

• Should listen to this clever Latina.

• What do you mean you're a nerd so you can't be sexy? Dumb/stupid is not sexy. Smart/nerd equals sexy in my opinion. So let me get this stright. You're a nerd, in other words you actually have some brain. and you're tall.. And you're hot... And you complain. Really?

• I'm 5ft & I wanna get shorter between 4'11-4'10 .. But like in ma opinion yah I do wanna be shorter but at the same time I'm just like height doesn't really matter Cruz guys go for the girls that are pretty and shirt and tall.. Like any height is cute no matter what

• I'm 5'9 1/2" and I'm dating a guy who is 5' 8" I don't see the problem about hight... I think are hight is great because we can wear different clothes and agent's around are looking for beautiful girls that are really tall... I've been tall my entire life and that didn't stop me from doing what I want.. I became a model and I have my future as a soldier in the air force... All I am saying is that don't let your hight mess up your future

• it is not possible to shrink your height

and don't feel bad!

i actually wish was taller

and I am 5'5

• REALLY? o_o

tall girls have it easier.. REALLY! :[

• I'm 5'10 and have no issues with it... Anymore. No problems finding guys either.