Would it be ghetto if a black girl dyed her hair cotton candy pink?

So I'm getting up there in age and reaching the final years where its still socially acceptable to do crazy things with my hair and style.

I'm a biracial girl with mid-back length hair and I would like to dye it cotton candy pink. I am dark-skinned. I would compare it to maybe similar to like a caramel or bronze color, but people are telling me that it looks trashy when a black girl dyes her hair an unnatural looking color. I have never dyed my hair before so I don't know.

Any comments and suggestions?

I have something like this link in mind but my hair especially when I blow it out looks kind of like cotton candy or something that's why I think light pink would be pretty and when my hair is curly and defined I think it would be very mermaid/siren and mythical. Nicki Minaj is not where I was going with it. I don't even dress anything like her. Do you guys still think that would look ghetto? Be honest.

Most Helpful Guy

• She'd be Nicki Minaj V-2.0

• Cept nikki minaj is wearing a wig.

• I like it I don't see the problem and I m far from a ghetto girl

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah.

So what, if you like it go for it.

I should have done more extreme stuff with my hair when I was 19.

• If you want to do it go for it.

The color combination doesn't sound like it would work with your skin - to me - but you can always dye it again I guess. I'd guess red or something would look better. Hair darker then skin basically.

• If you don't got the face and body to pull it off, then yes its gonna look ghetto. real talk.

• No I have a friend who is half black, and half white who dyes part of her hair red. It actually looks really good I think.

• if you want dye your hair pink go for it if its ghetto who cars what outhers think it just as long as you are happy with

What Girls Said 8

• If you really like that hair color why not do streaks? or doing your tips pink? You probably can pull it off. I can't tell you how many times people thought they would hate my hairstyle then when I got it, they're like you pulled it off.

• I am a white girl not that it matters and I think pink would look cute with your skin coloring. I think it is old fashioned to think it would look trashy. If your un sure go to a wig store try a candy pink one on and if you like how it looks go for it, but to be honest I would not even bother going to a wig store my self. I always just dye my hair and if I do not like it , I dye over it? candy pink will be a shock to you but it will look pretty :)

you don't want to get to 40 and think what if I tried the pink hair! and like I said if you hate it just dye it back!

• I'm mix korean/trinidadian. I have many friends that dying their hair. Most are ulzzang,udoli,or kawaii girl ad some are African American girl and they look great. A color skin shouldn't matter. Stupid people would say ignorant rude things. Just ignore them. If your thinking you are beautiful then just do it! You should and proving them they are wrong. Hair color is for every race. It won't looking trashy if your pick a color that complementing your skin tone. If you wanting to check how does it look, just get wigs in whatever color you like. Then you can know if its suiting you.

• If you REALLY want to "wish to dye your hair" That color? ,do it. No wrong in satisfying yourself and trying different things.

I am not gonna say it will look good or bad, there is like 1% chance of it looking good but you can try , it is nice to try different things.

• If you don't act trashy or dress trashy the color of your hair shouldn't change that. It sounds cute to me, go for it!

• No just crazy

• No just weird

• I think it would be cute, but mainstream society judges black and mixed people differently and harshly.what's cute, creative, scene, etc. on a white girl would just immediately be seen as ghetto on a black girl.it is what it is. You can't do anything about it so you have to decide if you're going to let other people perceptions rule your life. Unless you're going on a job interview don't worry about what these folks think.