Do you think it is true that girls look like their mothers when they are old?

I heard that if you want to know how a girl is going to look like when she is in her 40s 50's or even late 30's you just have to look at her mother.

In find that really funny because I know this girl who is dead gorgeous, but her mom is far and well ugly...then it got me thinking is she really going to be like that? She will have to go thourgh a very big metamorphosis.

Most Helpful Girl

• It all depends on the life style one chooses to lead.

If they have the same body shape, and the mom is fat, ... it's up to the daughter to lead a healthier lifestyle and prevent from getting fat... but as far at the shape, that is something she can't do much about, unless she does some kind of surgery. ...About ugliness, well.. just find a pic of the mom when she was young, (around the same age the daughter is now) if she kind of looked like what the daughter looks like now, then the daughter might just turn out to be ugly in the future.

What Girls Said 23

• That usually isn't true. If she looks nothing like her mom young, she will look nothing like her mom whens she is older. A girl could take after her dad (like I do) or be a mix of both parents. Her physical features are not going to morph to match her mom's over time and she could get her body type from someone else.

• If they follow the same health/make up/hygiene concepts then yes they might.

Because with girls it's a question of diet, kids and sport, self-esteem and make up... someone who wears too much make up and never takes it off will look ugly very early while a girl taking care of herself will still be beautiful.

It depends if the girl follow her mom's tracks and patterns or is detached from them.

• Not always. If you do end up looking like your mother, it's only coincidence (you just got more of her genes ... lol). But I do look like my mother quite a lot so I am assuming when I do get older, I'll start to look like her even more. My sister on the other hand looks so much like my father.

• I hope not.

• No that's not true, my mother looks nothing like my grandmother did when she was in get 50s and considering I don't look like my mom at all I don't think when I get old that's going to change

• Some girls look like their dad. She might look like her dad. I've been told I look like my mom whose very pretty.

• I sure hope not

• I think it depends on how similar they look by age. Have you ever seen her mother when she was young? If they look similar then, it's possible she'll look like that too but it also depends on how she takes care of herself.

• I actually look like my fathers mom did when she was my age so I know I'll look like her when I get old

• It depends on which parent she looks most like. She could easily look nothing like her mum and more like her dad (in a more feminine way obviously).

• Well not 100% true because of the fathers genes and stuff but I'm sure they'll look a little like their parents at any age!

• I think its just a myth xD

I look exactly like my dad and I don't think I'll ever look like my mom, even when I'm older lol xD

• hmmm...i think in most cases its the truth...

• I'm not sure if that is always true. It depends on your genes

• With some girls it is true

• Well I tend to think sons look like their fathers

• Not always no, but people can.

• Well it depends on if the girl took after the mom or the dad... But I guess in someways she will look kinda like her mother when she's older.

• That's definitely not true. For example; what about all the biracial girls, how are they gonna be able to look like their (perhaps white) momma?

• no... not at all. My mom and I look nothing like one another. I'm tall, blond blue eyed with an hourglass fitted figure. My mom is shorter than me, dark brown hair, dark eyes, figure like a plank. Even our dominant facial features are the exact opposite of one another. So no, I don't see how that is possible...and no I am not adopted. It really depends on who you take after.

• do men end up looking like their fathers?

• Nope

My mom and my aunts look nothing like my grandmother

What Guys Said 9

• That's going to depend entirely on the genetics the girl ends up with between the mother and father. She might look like her father (only feminine) when she gets old.

My girlfriend looks so much like her mother right now at only 27 years old that if you put her in a lineup you could easily pick out which one is her mother. She just happened to get the genetics that made her look like her mom. Her mom, however...doesn't look like her grandmother at all.

• Mostly it will she how the girl ages.

Weight gain is something you have to take care of yourself and is not something that just happens (except when you have a medical condition) without any influence on your side.

Either way, I have seen a lot of girls and their moms, and there is already a similarity there with 20-30 years of age difference. It only stands to reason that they will look a lot like their mother when they are older.

But as with all things, there are, of course, exceptions.

• There is some truth to it. Because when she has kids and becomes a mom, she'll think back to how her mother raised her so in a sense however well her mom took care of herself she might do the same. That's no guarantee and they are different people, but they will have similarities

• Oh, this is a hard one, I can only guess it's the traits that they were passed from. If more fell from the Father, then I'm not assuming she looks like her Mother when she grows old.

• I say yes, that is a good indicator of how she will look when she ages. Looking at her mom will give you a sneak peek. :-P

• It depends on how she similar with mother. If she is similar, it will look much like her mother when her be old.

• Nope. While we pick up certain physical traits and behavioral traits from our parents, we are not our parents and we do not live the same lives as our parents. People are bound to look different then their parents as they move through life.

• Yes that is absolutely very true.

• Yes for sure they do. Not always but most times