Girls and random displays of affection?

I don't get it, maybe I have aspergers or am autistic but I do not understand why a girl will randomly come up and kiss me on the cheek or hug me from behind or tickle me. I'm socially retarded I suppose.

Sometimes its girls with boyfriends, sometimes its single girls I barely even know, but in any case why do they do this? I kinda just look at them and barely even acknowledge that its happening, not that I come across as nervous but rather just unaffected.

I remember a coworker who I know for certain has a boyfriend came up next to me and rubbed my arm and held my hand for two seconds. I just looked at her with no emotion (poker face) and kept doing what I was doing. I mean why would they do that?

Isn't that weird? Why do girls do this

Most Helpful Girl

• That's weird, I've never done that so I really can't tell you. Maybe you're just so attractive, no one can keep their hands off of you hahaha.

What Girls Said 4

• It is weird. I don't think it would happen if you aren't attractive. Maybe that girl found her boyfriend lacking in some aspect that she thinks you might have. The girls like you man, deal with it. You have a hard life ahead of you!lol

• that is pretty strange. I do that, but only with my boyfriend to show him affection.

• I don't think it's strange. My friends do it all the time, I do it too, those are just spontaneous signs of affection. I see nothing wrong with kissing or hugging a friend.

• Hmm. Maybe some people just are more affectionate and like to hug and kiss their friends. Maybe they see me as a friend but I only see them as acquaintances and that's why I think its weird.

• Well, for me it's something that comes naturally, it's just the way I communicate with the people around me. I love showing affection :) But you can tell by the body language if someone's not into it, I wouldn't be like that with a person who's not comfortable with it. Given that others here think it's strange, maybe it comes down to cultural differences or something.

• I think its weird. personally, I would never do that. maybe a hug, but I would have to know them really well.

What Guys Said 3

• It could've been a dare, maybe they're flirting. Hard to tell, because that doesn't happen very often in real life lol.

• Dang I do not pitty you these girls are trying to tell you something those are signs they want something more than friendship your foot is in the door which is basically a relationship or sex most guys would be lucky to be in your shoes take advantage of it while your still young.

• They do that sometimes

• I know that lol. But why

• Maybe its become a thing among their group of friends?