No guys I'm not talking about x box's and play stations ;)
Out of curiosity, I just wanted to ask what men look for in a girls looks wise and personality. And also when guys look at girls they randomly see ( never met ) is it true that they are criticizing them
Most Helpful Guy
Physically, every guy has his own tastes. The only thing that comes close to being universal is that most guys prefer girls who aren't very overweight. That doesn't mean you need to be stick thin; many guys prefer curvier girls who have a bit of cushion, but if you're more than, say, 35% over the BMI for your height, you'd be best off losing some weight.
Lots of guys in your age group aren't looking for relationships, period, and you need to realize that many just want sex, or sex and a hang-out partner for some occasional company. During their college years especially, guys tend to put their freedom above any relationship.
But for the guys who DO want a relationship, they're looking for a girl with the following personality traits:
- Happy and positive, not always finding the negative in the situation.
- Outgoing, at least enough to show HIM some interest, so he knows the girl likes him.
- Open and honest.
- Trusting and secure, rather than insecure and jealous (unless he gives her cause to be).
- Not desperate or clingy or needy; he needs some space and the occasional day to himself or with his guy friends.
- Not nagging or complaining all the time.
- Not constantly sad or depressed.
- Friendly to his friends and family.
- Sex-positive, meaning, she has not ashamed to like sex and isn't grossed out by it.
For any real, long-term relationship, there also has to be compatibility in a number of areas, such as:
- Marriage (either you both want it, or you both don't)
- Where you'll live
- Other major future goals
If you want to get married, have 2 kids, have missionary sex twice a week, live in Texas, be a Baptist, and retire in a cabin in the woods, it just isn't going to work with a guy who never wants to marry or have kids, wants wild sex 10 times a week, wants to live in NYC until he retires to a beach community in Florida as a Pagan. Compatibility is essential, and CANNOT be ignored or "fixed" with love.
As far as guys criticizing random girls they see, yes, that occasionally happens, especially with immature guys, but it's the exception. Most of the time when guys notice a random girl, he's thinking about things that (in his mind, at least) are complimentary, such as "she's pretty" or "great boobs" or "fantastic ass." If he doesn't find her attractive, chances are he just won't notice her or pay attention to her at all. It's other GIRLS who are always seeking to criticize girls.1