What Do You Look For In A Partner?

Just simply that. What are the qualities and things in their appearance that you are attracted for and/or look for and a partner? :)

Girls and guys, I meant to clarify and say PERSONAL characteristics and things in their appearance that you are attracted to and/or look for in a partner.

Most Helpful Guy

• Physically, it's kinda funny, because there are so many things I must not be conscious of, but when I look at all the girls that I've been interested in then I can often see a lot of similarities. Almost always dark hair, generally always fairly short and petite (I'm 5'7 and fairly thin myself, I'd feel uncomfortable being with a woman taller than me), often have 'round' sort of cheeks and a very big bright smile. I don't actively seek out any of these traits but they just seem to find me, lol. I'd say the smile is probably the most important characteristic I've listed. I care more about the face than the body.

Personality-wise... I like somebody that's going to challenge me. I can't stand people that agree with me all the time or that make me feel like I'm listening to myself speak. That isn't to say that I want somebody arguing with me for the sake of it, but just that I want somebody who is able to voice their opinions and articulate themselves regardless of whether we agree or not. I don't want somebody that'll allow themselves to be walked all over. Being able to have fun or interesting conversations is important to me.

I guess I'd also say, a sense of adventure, a bit of class (which isn't to say I expect her to act like a saint... Just that I dislike people being crude or vulgar), and I also like a partner that makes me feel needed in some way, especially emotionally. Other than that, just the usual traits I'd expect from anybody, such as honesty, open mindedness and compassion (towards anybody, I'm not particularly in need of it, haha).

What Guys Said 17

• for me in looks section > any girl on scale of 1-10 must be 5 above.

Personality>Independent,Caring,mature up to my level.

Must have sum common interest like Adventurous,fond of music nd bla bla.,and definitely honest if she wants me to be honest in relationship.

• How can I forget to mention?The most important thing for me above all that I mentioned is 'LOVE'.

• looks are important but not more than personality and love at least for me.And the one who thinks looks are more important,they are yet to experience a bitter less?n of life..

As a person grows older (s)he understands that companionship is much above than attraction.

• I couldn't agree more!

• Petite girl with light hair. A shy smile with cute cheekbones, the sort of smile that makes you smile when coupled with an angelic face.

That's was for appearance.

In personnality, a caring girl, mature and wise, some sort of a guru in life but who can enjoy simple things, a childish side is welcome. Sharing some common values and interests, but not necessarily all.

Yep, these are my personnal tastes. I can still dream on.

• Dark black hair, dark brown eyes. light mocha skin tone.

• They have to be able to reciprocate basic life tasks and share a their life some. Women are notorious for being secret and doing things that ruin lives behind mens backs so if they are walled off and have separate time you don't get to be involved with then it is a horrible way to waste your time on someone like that.

Second, they probably need to be smart enough to start a conversation. Usually book learning or reading a lot is common in women, or if they have an education that comes up next to my own it makes life much funner.

The hours they keep make a lot of difference. I like a woman who gets up when I do and who can have a cup of coffee or tea with me, and I can't stand a drinker or a smoker. I would never have someone like that in my life for one minute.

She needs to be active, and outdoor, not sitting at a computer in the house bitching about the world with her friends, and living in a fantasy world. No drugs.

A guy like me who already gads grandchildren wants some one who can deal with issues children have, since they are very smart mouthed these days. And I don't think a woman who watches TV a lot or believes the newspaper is the right thing for a guy like me, a free thinker health nut, health conscious sailor, and pilot, architect, who will be building a new house.

• I'm a little stunned by the comment : Women are notorious for being secret and doing things that ruin lives behind mens backs. The rest I agree with to some degree.

• Face - at least moderately cute, but not necessarily shockingly so. Full lips a plus.

Eye color - any.

Race - any.

IQ - as long as she doesn't' drive me crazy with stupidity, any.

weight - decent waist-hip ratio. I prefer petite women, but any woman where hips and waist are pretty proportionate can look pretty good.

I would say generally requirements in a partner are:

- hot enough that I -want- to have sex with them

- enjoyable companion

- basically a kind person

- honest

- compatible in terms of what we want

• as long as she doesn't drive you crazy huh lol...thats a nice one XD

• i want a female tiger who will fight and never let a soul disrespect her.

• so someone very confident and won't allow anyone to walk over her?

• yep cause I'm a very quiet kinda guy I don't get mad often my girlfriend gets mad a lot but never directed towards me but I have gottin it before but yes a back bone is what she needs cause women are pre judged eveyday, and devolop all kinds of self esteem issues I need her at her best I want her to be who she wants to be XD with me of course a TEAM

• Without honesty and trust you don't have a strong foundation. That's the most important thing imo. A great sense of humour, humble, and high sex drive. I also love women with tattoos. Teeth, smile and eyes is generally what I notice first.

• Honesty is #1. A common opposition to elitism and militarism is #2. Looking good in tights and a short skirt is #3.

The rest woulld follow naturally from those 3 qualities.

• Looks? Cute face, long brown/black hair, decent physical shape.

Character? A bit brash maybe, talkative, smart (enough to know stuff going on in the nation, at least some of politics) and straightfoward, hopefully.

• good sense of humor, honesty , being able to be open, straight forward, morals, and a great personality.. likes to have fun and just be her self ...

• That sounds like a reasonable list of things :)

• hah yah that's what I def look 4 in a girl and the qualities .. :) not too much 2 ask I would assume..

• Face= Feminine face, high cheekbones, big eyes, cute smile

Eye color= don't matter

Iq= don't matter

Weight= 120-130

• so Asian huh :p your girl must be thin huh :p

• IQ doesn't matter but your very specific on weight...?

• determining someones IQ is the same thing as stereotyping them which is racism. Everyone operates in different levels of intelligence.

• Girl "friend" or girlfriend? There's a difference, haha.

As a girlfriend, I would want someone that I'm not attracted to and as a girlfriend, I would want someone I am attracted to. Pretty simple

Of course now you're wondering what I'm attracted to, right? Message me and I'll tell you, I don't like to post publicly what I'm attracted to

• Sorry the former should have been "as a girl "friend" I would want, I think it auto-crrected it or something

• Face = Hot face, because I'm pretty hot too! lol jkjk

Eye = Any color. Blue eyes is a bonus because I don't have blue. I love women who are opposite of me.

Race = Any (However, I like light skin on women. Light skin of any race like light skinned Black women or light skin Indian is what I'd ideally want)

IQ = Smarter than or as smart as me. Preferably smarter than me. Bonus if she's academically smarter than me.

Weight: Skinny or athletic fit.

• Some of that might get me attracted to her and maybe go talk to her, but she's not going to be a girlfriend based on those traits. I'm not even going to date her on those things alone.

• so you won't go hit on a girl based on those traits ? what do a girl need to make you hit on her ?

• ok get it :p

• Looks gets me to notice she exists... Behavior gets me interested like, hmm she's cute I want to know more, maybe I should date her... Her having a great personality makes me want to commit to her and call her my girlfriend.

• looks...that is the first thing which gives you the idea about person. and after that way of speaking and good sense of humor.

• so if they aren't attractive like a barbie doll then you wouldn't date them?

• not all people. I always like to get to know someone first. True, appearance does matter when it's someone you don't know and have only just met but for me, I need to know the person very well before anything can truly happen.

• same am saying dear...

• Honest, high IQ, funny, kind.

Good, giving and game in bed.

Strong, independent minded. Ambitious.

No mind games, doesn't do drama and melodrama.

Loves good food, beer, wine, etc..

The stuff you mentioned? Aside from the IQ, I don't really care about that stuff.

• Physically attractive (to me), I don't care about race as long as she is attractive, good personality, practical, can get things done, can work as a team.

What Girls Said 9

• What do you look for in a partner?

How appealing they are for my amusement and entertainment

What are the qualities and things in their appearance that you are attracted for and/or look for and a partner?

Physical attractiveness (8/10, 5'10'')

Wealth (the same as me)

Status (mid to high)

D*ck (8'' length, 4'' width)

• 4" diameter d***? That's even bigger than John Holmes.

• good peronality, someone that catches my fancy after one talk, compliments me even when I look like poo, tall, large sexy hands, big nose, knows how to handle me (a woman with curves), someone to accept me for my wrong doing in the past, someone who will love me at my worst and best, isn't afraid to admit they are in love with me, talk about the future with me in it, wants kids, wants to live together, etc ect ect...it all sums up to the man I'm with :) he has been the one I've been dreaming of since I was young :)

• Someone that I can have a conversation with is most important. I also look for good family values, men with family values seem to be more faithful.

I recently met a man that was the whole package (least to me) He was a good at holding a conversation, sweet, great father, good family upbringing, independent, honest , affectionate, passionate, romantic, playful with a great sense of humor. Appearance wise he was attractive, prettiest blue eyes, and great body (huge arms) To top it off owned his own business- serious whole package going on there.

• so what's happening with you guys then? :) He does seem like every girl's dream :)

• I suppose, time will only tell. :-)

• Commitment, willingness, silly, honesty, open about his feelings/plans, straightforward, caring, persistent I guess, able to accept himself first before others like how I intend to do, funny, tall, mature enough for me, a bit sensitive lol, and at least a guy me and my family would love having around and approve of lol, he doesn't have to be all that perfect of a guy d: but I'd be more happy to know that he could just be himself.. not abusive and scary though >_______<" lol

• A guy I can at least understand and be there for too, not too clingy though d:

• Yeah, most girls want a guy like this :)

• I appreciate being chosen having the best answer even though I'm barely 16 cx lol

• Above all else, he must be intelligent and not arrogant. Unfortunately, such a man does not exist.

• Tell me about it! They can be so arrogant and cocky...and have a biiig ego because of their intelligence.

• haha so true!

• haha so crap... such a woman is rarer than such a man...

• Tall

Fit

Deep voice

& Lovable!

• Just wanted to say, love your new pics!

• OMG...how did you know so much about me?...jk:)...thanks for reply, +1 from my side.

• You're not only describing me there too, but my relationship too haha.

• everyone says ''i just care about his charachter'' but truth is when you love someone you are also sexually attracted to that person...so ofc you need to find him attractive and that depends on the person me personally I don't think like ''he needs to have brown hair, gren eyes'' or whatever it just depends...but it is important that guy or girl just dresses nice, and is hygienic that's the most important thing in my eyes, nobody like someone who smells bad...

• Only one thing, that he really cares about me

• Love

Kindness