Where can you go to learn how to apply eyeshadow that suits you?

I'm no good with make up. I can do mascara, blusher and foundation, but can't do eyeshadow.

I always look very natural. I put on a small amount of mascara, concealer under my eyes and some bronzer. However, I have deep set, hooded eyes, so it's not easy to follow eyeshadow tutorials.

If I go to a department store, their idea of natural is what to me looks clown-like lol. Also, I prefer natural ingredients without parabens.

Do you know how I could find someone who would show me what eyeshadow is best for my eye type (with the rest of my featues taken in consideration), that looks natural and will use natural eyeshadow? (or eyeshadow that I bring with me)?

I know it's quite specific. My Step Mum and Step sis are good with makeup, but they don't make it look natural.

Most Helpful Guy

• Man I answer too many makeup questions...but other answers are really useless...

First of all, if you want a natural look you should only be using MATTE shadows. You should buy "Stila In the Know" palette vs UD Naked/Naked2 because it is much more natural. Stila also doesn't contain parabens or any of that bad stuff you're worried about. It's also an all neutral color palette.

If your eye is hooded you need a good brush, apply a base to the lid area without drawing on the brow ridge area, then apply the eyeshadow. It hard to explain but it sounds like your eyes are like Kristen Stewart's droopy style.

If you had a picture, I could tell you specifically what to do but whatevs.

What Guys Said 1

• Macys in the City does that for women. So you won't look like a tart.

Oh I see, you don't want that department store and the chemicals.

You can look up a cosmetologist and ask them a few questions or they will come to you and do a make-over. It may take one or two but they will figure out your colors and your shapes so it works. I wouldn't go too crazy with this.

I don't like any make up, myself.

What Girls Said 7

• honestly, a little bit of time browsing YouTube will help you more than enough. you could go into mac and ask them for some tips and such, but they'll be pretty aggressive in trying to get you to buy products. I find that the many videos uploaded by beauty gurus on YouTube are more useful as well than 'make-up artists'.

• Most makeup sections of department stores will help you. MAC I have found to be extremely helpful, as they are intensively trained in the application of makeup.

• its hard to be the judge when I can't see a picture of you, maybe I can help you but I need to know more about your skin tone and eye color.

• Any good make up store

• u can go on beauty blogs, YouTube tutorials as well. earth tone colors are usually safe on eyes :)

chippysheepy.blogspot.com

• I would just keep looking on YouTube for a makeup tutorial that you like. They are really helpful and most of them do not look like clowns, unlike professional makeup tutorials

• Kim k has deep set eyes. Have a look at her make up forecer tutorial. Which will lnk you to the baby doll look. Which is more girlie subtle