What should a guy do if he's starting to lose hair?

Clearly, no one wants to lose hair. it's not attractive. that's easy enough to answer. so as a guy who doesn't have a noticeable bald spot (yet), I always wonder when I need to change styles or shave it completely to salvage what little attraction I might have left in me. I've always had medium length wavy hair, (a bit like jim from the office), and in general, the ladies seem to like it. but I feel like it would look ridiculous when I start losing some hair. so, if the usual stuff doesn't work for me, and I don't have ridiculous amounts of cash to throw around, what's a guy to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• The only suggestions I can think of are these...Put small amounts of tea tree oil in your hair (like when you're shapooing), and lower your blood pressure if it is high. There are also hair vitamins, which might help a little.

• Also it could be an inflammation thing... Drink mangosteen jiuce regularly.

• Almost all my relatives on my mom's side have full heads of hair too, there is one who is completely bald though, so I don't know for sure what I have. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mixture of environmental factors and my own brain working against me. the fact that I think I'm losing hair is a self fulfilling prophecy right there.

• You're my kind of guy, if you love your hair. Those caps are hott too! Thanks for the nice responses and the best answer. :) Also, never try rogaine because it makes your hair fall out! lol Stress ages people for sure, more than anything. People get early gray hair from stress. :-) Your brain certainly would have something to do with it. Hair is an organ even though the cells are dead. It communicates with the brain and the rest of the body.

What Girls Said 6

• vitamins and a better nutritional/ healthy lifestyle. there are natural hair products with less harsh products. some surgeries are available that are advertised.

• im a white girl and my hair started thinning, so a friend of my mom's suggested I try this thing called 'pumpkinol' - its made of some really rare pumpkin oil that helps regenerate hair.

also, go to little india and buy their natural shampoo - you'll notice that each individual strand will thicken remarkably within 3-5 weeks of using it. I think the one I use is called 'ayla' or something..

• If you start to lose too much you should keep it short.

My boyfriendis loosing his hair, it started when he was 20, and I started dating him this year, he's 25. Even though he starting to be bald, I don't mind it, I still find him very attractive.

• eat vitamins and drink lots of water

• shave all of it off and go completely bald, buy a wig, buy rogaine, hair plugs, chia pet.

• Quick method-buzz it off. short buzzed cut is very attractive to me

What Guys Said 1

• I shaved my head before I even started balding. The ladies love it!

No maintenance...you don't even need shampoo. Body wash works just fine. Going a life without hair is awesome. I'll never grow mine in again. I wouldn't even do a hair transplant if I could afford one.

It's a blessing dude...not a curse. Stop tryin to be a pretty boy.

• I wish I had guts to shave it, or good looks, like you.

For now, I'll just wear a ball cap.