How to tell a guy to get a haircut?

I have a problem where this cute guy likes me but he's grown out his hair and beard/whatever that facial hair is and it looks awful...he used to look really good with short hair clean shaven but now its just not cute..it is really putting me off... is there any way to politely tell a guy "hey you'd be gorgeous if you got a haircut"

Most Helpful Guy

• And all this time I thought it was girls who went for personality & not looks. I would just tell him in a joking way like "Hey, why hide that cute face under all that hair, I didn't even recognize you", or something to that effect. Telling him while being serious could put him off & he might think what next, she doesn't like my shoes.

What Guys Said 2

• And therein lies the problem, you don't really like HIM, just when he looks a certain way. Girls so often try to change guys, and it leads to both being unhappy. If you really like him, you'll like his shaggy hair and beard, too.

• no, if you like him you like him regardless of his appearance. move on

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell him that way "hey you'd be gorgeous if you got a haircut" . I always complain about that and most of the guys do what I said.

• not really unless you are actual friends or are dating or will be dating him soon.

maybe you could kinda mention it to him saying hey I liked it when your hair was shorter. it looked really nice. some guys do need a girl to let them know that they look better clean shaved and short hair. my boyfriend used to have longer hair with a long goatee and stache he said his ex liked it but now he is like 'wtf was I thinking' he liked it then too but he was 18-19 just in college for the 1st year